Moab March 13th (Sat)

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
If you do Poison Spyder, you might as well go through the Spike and down Gold Bar Rim. (if there is no snow) Then you will be doing 3 trails in the day. Or you can do, Cliff Hanger and Moab Rim. You can get those trails done in one day. If you do Behind the Rocks, you can go down Hunter Canyon and down Pritchett Canyon in the day.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I'm not big enough to tackle pritchet. Maybe with 37's, but not how I sit right now. THanks for the advice though. We will have a few people who have never been to moab, so I think we might hit hell's revenge later in the afternoon. I hope the snow dries up by then, but it doesn't look like it'll be too warm this week or next week.

sixstringsteve

man, I have a tougher time going down than up. With our toyotas, all the weight is in the front. I think rocker knocker is the one I'm too sketched out on.

What trails will you guys be running hardline? maybe we'll join up with you. We're heading down Friday night too, camping, then heading home saturday night.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I'm not sure what we will be doing; it will be a group decision. On Rocker Knocker you just go down the bypass and it's not too bad. I believe the hard one for a nose heavy vehicle will be Axle Hill, but with some time and maybe a strap or winch from a vehicle behind you can repel down, it will be no problem for you. Some of us will be heading down Fri morning and others Fri night. I would like to do the Behind the Rocks, Hunter and Pritchett, but I don't think our JK owner will be as willing as some of us will be. So, maybe Rusty Nail, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Metal Masher or maybe the Spike, but I will be guiding that one for EJS, so I don't know if I want to do it twice. We won't make a final decision on going until we see what the weather is going to do next weekend or how many I will have in my group, but I will keep in touch and maybe I can get some of my group to make a decision on the trails they are interested in.

Hey depending on what time you get down there, you can always do Moab Rim in the dark, that is always fun. That way you get more trails in.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Cool, no rush hardline. Maybe I'll just get your cell then you can let us know what trails you'll be running once we're all down there. We might be down for Moab rim at night. We have some tacomas that'll be running 32's, but with lockers and sliders, so we'll see.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I just got off the phone with the BLM office and they said a lot of snow has been melting the last few days, but still soft and muddy. The Sand Flats office wasn't answering though.

lhracing

We will be going down on Friday and coming home on Sunday (Weather permitting). I will have about 4-5 jeeps with me and not sure what trails we will be running at this point. I will have a 4 door JK on 35's in the group, so nothing to hard. (He won't scratch it) For some of you locals, is there still snow on the ground? Are all the trails mostly open?

My son and I are thinking of going down Thursday night or Friday morning. When Friday is your gorup going down?

lhracing

I believe my son knows someone (not sure of his name) in your group and we want to try to meet up with you on Saturday. Have you decided which trail you are going to do? The group from webejeepinmoab is doing Steelbender on Saturday if that is of any interest.