Moab - May 18 thru 27

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
My wife & I will be in Moab May 18 thru May 27 and looking for wheeling opportunities. (Well, it will be mostly me looking for wheeling). We were supposed to be coming with 2 or 3 other couples, but now it looks like it will most likely just be us. I see that the Memorial Weekend BBQ will be going on - I'm watching the forum for more info.

I'm trailering my Jeep from Virginia - about a 4000 mile round trip. It's a 98 TJ, 33" MTR's, RE Long Arm, Warn winch, Tera Low 4:1 kit in t-case, ARB's & 4.56 gears front & rear (among other things). I hope to have the stock A/C compressor converted over to air before I leave.

I've never wheeled in the west. I'm thinking try a mid-level trail like maybe Hell's Revenge and then move up in difficultly if it feels right. I like a challenge as long as it's not too crazy.

The original idea was to be part of a group and do our own thing. But with it being just one rig, I'll be looking for someone to tag along with.

Richard

I will be in Moab May 23 thru 30 with my wife & mt bike buds. I’ve been there many times with my bike but this year I’m bringing my jeep. I will be trailering my TJ from California. It’s a 2003 auto, 35’s w/4.88, RE short arm/tummy tuck, lockers, winch & compressor.

Not sure if I’m ready for Hell’s Revenge, but Poison Spider, Kane Creek & Elephant Hill are on my list.

It would be great if I could hookup with one or more jeeper..... I hate going alone.

-Bill
(goskibaily@gmail.com)

Spidey

I will be in Moab May 23 thru 30 with my wife & mt bike buds. I’ve been there many times with my bike but this year I’m bringing my jeep. I will be trailering my TJ from California. It’s a 2003 auto, 35’s w/4.88, RE short arm/tummy tuck, lockers, winch & compressor.

Not sure if I’m ready for Hell’s Revenge, but Poison Spider, Kane Creek & Elephant Hill are on my list.

It would be great if I could hookup with one or more jeeper..... I hate going alone.

-Bill
(goskibaily@gmail.com)

you will be more than fine on hell's revenge. all the obstacles are on the sidelines

The RME BBQ will be Saturday, May 23rd and there will be some kind of trail run that day as well. As the time gets closer, I will be posting up the details for the BBQ. We would love to see you there! :)

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
You will both be fine with Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider, I ran them on 33's, stock 3.73's, and open diffs. The steepness will get a rise out of you on Hell's if you have never wheeled on slickrock, but once you get used to it the trail is easy. With that 4:1 you will hardly even need to touch your brakes or the gas.

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit

-Bill
(goskibaily@gmail.com)

Bill,

Maybe we can meet up at the BBQ/trail ride on the 23 and see what we want to do afterwards. I'm flexible on trail choice - my only criteria is the trail needs to be a day trip out of Moab and I want to feel like I did something worth the trip when I get back home.

Richard

ichi-san

Earthbound Misfit
The RME BBQ will be Saturday, May 23rd and there will be some kind of trail run that day as well. As the time gets closer, I will be posting up the details for the BBQ. We would love to see you there! :)

Thanks for the invite - I'm watching for the details.