MOAB may 29th-june 1st

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by jeff cardall
I KNOW WE DONT KNOW ANY OF YOU GUYS BUT COUNT US IN FOR THE TRIP TO MOAB ON THE 29-1ST LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU GUYS ,JUST POST WHERE YA ARE GOING TO MEETBUT WE WILL BE THERE :cool:

most of us don't personally know anyone else but that is the beauty of this sport, all are welcome!! see ya there.....more details to come as the date approaches...

O'neal

?????????
I'm still in,i'll be running with two jeep's,a cj & a flatbedded j-10.
Actually I went through moab last night after a long road trip...4 corner area etc,took the family over to see gemini bridges,and thought of trying metal masher but didn't think my stock quad cab tacoma would make it:rolleyes:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I know redrock XJ is shooting for this same time frame...I am thinking about spending a week down there.....maybe from friday to friday.....depending on my schedule...we shall see :)

Brad and I might be able to make it if he gets his suspension in order. I may have to be towed. How would a 5.9 tow a XJ on 3.73 gears and 35's? I don't know if it's going to be a good idea.
We need lower gears but I don't think we'll have replacement axles by then.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
if you are geared too high, moab might not even be fun at all!! I would look into gears before you punish yourself in moab....gearing is everything down there!!

xjc

I give up :(
Originally posted by spencurai
I know redrock XJ is shooting for this same time frame...I am thinking about spending a week down there.....maybe from friday to friday.....depending on my schedule...we shall see :)

I might be up for a week as well. I have that monday off so I am only planning on working tuesday. It wouldn't cost me much to spend four more days there.

Then of coarse, I will probably be spending the weakend before building rocker guards and a skid for my poor Tcase cross member. I have a new, dent free one but I don't want to put it on until I have something to protect it. It's surprising how light that thing is!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok, I am still on schedule for this trip. My wife is coming and I know wanker deluxe and XJC are coming. Wanker and I are probably going to camp somewhere. Any suggestions for a quiet place to camp?

I might dig into the samurai for my dana-44 swap so the YJ will probably be my main mode of transport down there....the jury is still out though...

xjc

Delux and I are going down on wednessday night. Gona hitch up the sami behind the xj and fly. I'm getting so excited I can't stand it!

Only three weeks away. I gota get my rocker protection and skids done!:D Buying my steel today.:cool:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you guys are heading out early....wow!! anyway, get those sliders done, you will need them for lower heldorado...:)

xjc

Thats right!

I am gona make it through lower helldorado or get so damn stuck it'll take that winch of yours to pull me out:D.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
umm yeah about that.....umm well lets try and not do the winch thing....it makes us look bad..... umm k..... lol!!

xjc

In my cherokee? People will be laughing the arses off when they see me coming anyway.

When I pull into the central market people don't exactly come up to me and ask if I'm heading for the trail. They expect me to be picking up a galon of milk and two packages of diapers:eek:

The glory comes when I make it and all their jaw's drop!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by xjc
In my cherokee? People will be laughing the arses off when they see me coming anyway.

When I pull into the central market people don't exactly come up to me and ask if I'm heading for the trail. They expect me to be picking up a galon of milk and two packages of diapers:eek:

The glory comes when I make it and all their jaw's drop!

we will see...there are a couple of boulders with your name on em...you better make those sliders into an exo cage...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by spencurai

Ahhhh....you remembered me! I'm planning on leaving

Wednesday night with my friend with his YJ. The rest of our group (IE the women) will be joining us friday. Oh yeah, they're hot..just stay away...JAILBAIT!

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by RedRockXJ

Ahhhh....you remembered me! I'm planning on leaving

Wednesday night with my friend with his YJ. The rest of our group (IE the women) will be joining us friday. Oh yeah, they're hot..just stay away...JAILBAIT!

you guys camping or hoteling?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by GroceryGetter
can't you go to jail for calling 15 y/o girls hot?

not unless you take naked pictures of them.....you didn't did you....notty notty....

you going to moab GG?