Moab memorial day weekend

tuner

Headed to Moab may 24-28. Bring your 4x4 and have some fun with some fellow 801rcc members and dont forget to bring your rc crawlers and bashers. Not sure where we will be camping but I'll update the thread in a few.
Tim- (801)577-5711

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Moab is insane over Memorial weekend and unless you already have a reservation you likely will not find a spot to camp, I learned this the hard way a few years ago.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Moab is insane over Memorial weekend and unless you already have a reservation you likely will not find a spot to camp, I learned this the hard way a few years ago.

It's not that bad. And besides, he didn't say he was looking for a spot... he is making an upcoming trip thread. It's common sense that holiday weekends are always a little more busy than others.

Come out the RME BBQ while you are down there.
http://www.rme4x4.com/rmebbq.php#info

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Are there any plans of any sort in conjunction with the bbq? Or is everybody going to free-for-all their own trails and just meet up at the park?

tuner

Didn't realize there was a RME trip that weekend and it was that busy. Is there a thread on this BBQ because I'm sure we will stop by. I should have probably reserved a room a few months ago or a camp site but oh we'll. I'm heading down Friday so may e I can grab a camp site before everyone gets there.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Are there any plans of any sort in conjunction with the bbq? Or is everybody going to free-for-all their own trails and just meet up at the park?

There is no Desert Rocks concert this year so I'm thinking AreaBFE + RME trail runs since there is fun for all to be had out there.

Didn't realize there was a RME trip that weekend and it was that busy. Is there a thread on this BBQ because I'm sure we will stop by. I should have probably reserved a room a few months ago or a camp site but oh we'll. I'm heading down Friday so may e I can grab a camp site before everyone gets there.

AreaBFE should have room for you. Just be sure to leave a donation!

sixstringsteve

It's definitely worth going to the BBQ. One of my favorite events of the year. See the banner at the top of the page for the link to the RME BBQ.

There is no Desert Rocks concert this year so I'm thinking AreaBFE + RME trail runs since there is fun for all to be had out there.AreaBFE should have room for you. Just be sure to leave a donation!

That's the best news I've heard all year.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's definitely worth going to the BBQ. One of my favorite events of the year. See the banner at the top of the page for the link to the RME BBQ.

That's the best news I've heard all year.

I agree! But... Unfortunately it's bad news for AreaBFE as they will miss that chunk of money to help pay for the park, but I just checked their schedule and maybe it just got changed to June instead of cancelled. :confused: I hope that's the case. Last I talked to Olaf the event changed venues.