Moab Oct. 29-31

lineforeman99

Headed to Moab on the 29th thru the weekend. I have heard about the Pickle. Is it worth the time? How long of a trail is it? And lastly how do you get to it?

Anybody else going that weekend is welcome to tag along. There is just two of us going.

Thanks Butch

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Contact Rondo or wydej, they were who I followed when we went. The Pickle leads out to Mashed Potatoes, but the Pickle is not very long by itself, although it should give you a challenge. I rode shotgun with wydej through the Pickle and he made it seem easy.

thenag

We will be out there that weekend for the final run before the bronco gets dismantled.

I too ran Pickle with Widjay and Rondo...

Should have taged it on my GPS, I am pretty sure I would have no chance of finding it again.

It is fun, it is short it has 4 real obstacles, you can then run mashed potato. It is north of Moab. North of everything really.

We are driving down early on Friday 10/29 and driving back on 10/31. The registration on the Bronco expires in Oct. :)

Nathan
87 Bronco, EFI 460, NP 435, NP 203/205, D-60 lockrite, GM 14bolt Detriot, 37 old mtr's... tires, axles, t-case going into an xj...

brikar

one of our favorite day runs when we have vehicles of all abilities....go up the highway towards canyonlands, then take off and go up through Wipe out, drop over into tusher wash and take the trail out to tusher tunnel. drop down by bartlett and cruise into the pickle, swing around through hidden canyon and then round up to mashed potato, once through that you can take the easy road down hidden canyon overlook or kick north and go out through the 3d trail route. We enjoy it because there is enough to keep the big dogs somewhat satisfied yet provides smaller rigs a lot of optional challenge, besides that the scenery is great!!! the complete route does take most of the day unless there is just a couple of you. is the Pickle worth it...yes it is easily worth the short drive to it. It is only 4 or 5 obstacles but it is a short trail so you do not need to endure miles of slow travel. but i recommend checking out tusher tunnel and mashed potato while you are there.