Moab on fire....

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
My sources say that it is at the North end of town, in the "Chutes" area (low areas near the river...) that are flaming up... Apparently it's pretty bad!:eek:

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
They got it mostly undercontrol by dark. I actually rent a place in the evacuation zone so that kind of sucked. Police wouldn't let me go back to my house that I could see through the fence for my security badge.
The radio said it was on Butler Road, right there in those marshy areas by the road to pritchett.
Hopefully when I get off in an hour my stuff is still in its original shape.

Thursty

Everyone is ok. No lives (including animals) or homes lost, though it burned to within feet of some. The winds were very strong. More than once firefighters had to abandon their fire hoses until the winds blew the flames in another direction. My hat is off to local and BLM firefighters. They really kicked this fire's ass!

Everyone ok down there? Tara, what did you do now?!

Hey now! We're just minding our own business living in our van by the river! :ugh:

It was really scary, the wind was out of control that day! It actually uprooted a big ole cottonwood tree from the house across the street from us. Mike is right, the firefighters kicked some serious ass! :bow:

Bart

Hey now! We're just minding our own business living in our van by the river! :ugh:

It was really scary, the wind was out of control that day! It actually uprooted a big ole cottonwood tree from the house across the street from us. Mike is right, the firefighters kicked some serious ass! :bow:

You guys are in Moab now? I'm always the last to know. Did Chris find a job?

You guys are in Moab now? I'm always the last to know. Did Chris find a job?
Yes to all the above! City life was kind of rough for us country bumpkins and we've always wanted to live in Moab so we figured now was as good of time as any to move here. Chris is now employed with UPS which we are super excited about. It's only part time now, but should be full time within a year or so. While he waits for that to be full time, he's working part time at the local radio station selling advertising and helping out with the live remotes. It's a good fit for him! :)

Bart

Very cool and big congrats. UPS is a great company and has great benefits once he's full time. You made a great decision.