Moab on Labor Day report... Pictures

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yeah, another Moab thread with pictures. :p

We only got pictures from one trail (pritchet on Saturday), cause we left the camera at camp for the others.

Messing around in the first part of Pritchet...
ldm_003.jpg

------------

About a 1/4 of the way through, Quail managed to break some teeth off of his ring gear (lincoln locked carrier), but for some reason, had a spare carrier with a broken lockright (sheared pins). Long story... We couldn't just swap rings, cause one was a thick gear, and the other wasn't so we decided to try and jam up the lockright in the spare carrier (hammered bolts into the gap) and installed it. :eek: Worked like a charm. :D
ldm_005.jpg

------------

Me in the first part of the small rock garden...
ldm_007.jpg

------------

Tanner following me in his Nissan pathefinder. Yeah, a pathefinder.
ldm_008.jpg

------------

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Same rock garden, sliding through...
ldm_009.jpg

------------

Same area...
ldm_010.jpg

------------

Coming out of the garden.
ldm_014.jpg

------------

The pathefinder coming out of the garden.
ldm_015.jpg

------------

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Ty's Toyota in the same area.
ldm_017.jpg

------------

Sequence of me climbing the steep ledge in the area just before RockerKnocker.
ldm_020.jpg

------------

The toy climbing the same wall.
ldm_023.jpg

------------

More stuff in the same area before RockerKnocker
ldm_025.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sequence of me going up rockerknocker...
ldm_030.jpg

------------

Tanner climbing RockPile.
ldm_045.jpg

------------

I'm climbing Rockpile too :p.
ldm_047.jpg

------------

The toy, giving it a good shot, but he had too much axle wrap & wasn't running to well at the time...
ldm_051.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ
Your Jeep looks nothing like it did the last time I saw it. Are you going down in October?

Oh, It's gone through a lot of changes. :D Yeah, I plan on going. What are your plans?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks like a good time, I sure am jealous!

BTW Shane.... someone stole your doors & all your glass, except your windshield! Just thought I'd let ya know..... :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg

BTW Shane.... someone stole your doors & all your glass, except your windshield! Just thought I'd let ya know..... :)

I'm still waitin for the day when someone steals all his sheet metal;)

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Herzog

Oh, It's gone through a lot of changes. :D Yeah, I plan on going. What are your plans?

I'll be there most of the week, but I'm not planning on doing many of the NAXJA sponsered runs.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by James K
It was nice to meet you.

That pathfinder is cool, made short work of rusty nail.

Yeah, nice to meet you too. We went kind of fast through that trail cause Tanner had to meet his wife back in Price that day. Elsewise we probably would have stuck around with you guys.

That pathfinder is kinda funny. It definately has some unique characteristics.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Greg
Looks like a good time, I sure am jealous!

Nah, I checked the shed, they're still there. :p :rofl:

Originally posted by Hickey

I'm still waitin for the day when someone steals all his sheet metal;)

It's funny. Everytime I go out to the garage and look at it, it ends up missing something else by the next day. :confused: :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ

I'll be there most of the week, but I'm not planning on doing many of the NAXJA sponsered runs.

Same here! Let's do some RME sponsored trails. :D

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Sweet pics. Did you lose the spair tire going up Rock Pile? Also, does that Nissan have coils on it? If so, I've seen him around before. I followed him to Little Moab once, and seeing him drive on the freeway was scary, he was all over the place, swaying this way and that. :eek:
Devin

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by DevinB
Sweet pics. Did you lose the spair tire going up Rock Pile? Also, does that Nissan have coils on it? If so, I've seen him around before. I followed him to Little Moab once, and seeing him drive on the freeway was scary, he was all over the place, swaying this way and that. :eek:
Devin

Thats Tanners spare tire. He took it out to lighten up his load before he climbed rockpile. Yeah, that pathfinder likes to lean... He needs to stablize it or something.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
thats so crazy cause some maniac stole all my doors and windows too(except for the driverside, i can't open it wide enough to chop it off)! what kind of freakin cleptomaniac comes into my garage/the natural home of my xj and steals my doors and windows?

haha
herz, what drivetrain you running? i like your rig alot, it looks like mine except the 4 door holes.
-nate