Moab on Thanksgiving Weekend

Bone Down

with a strap that is!! hehehe
Fixed it for you.
DSC02785md.JPG

kkemp

There are a couple of us talking about doing some or all of the following trails, Hells Revenge, Poision Spider, Cliffhanger, and Steel Bender. Is anyone interested in doing those trails over Thanksgiving?

Lance Jeep

AZ Undertakers/AZ Rockrat
I am a new member from AZ. I am going to be up in Moab from the Sat BEFORE T-day, to the Friday after T-Day. Anyone gonna be up there then? Would love to hook up with someone to run a few trails. Will be staying at the Comfort Inn.

kkemp

I am a new member from AZ. I am going to be up in Moab from the Sat BEFORE T-day, to the Friday after T-Day. Anyone gonna be up there then? Would love to hook up with someone to run a few trails. Will be staying at the Comfort Inn.

If you want to ride with us the Friday after T-Day, your welcome. Not sure which trail we'll be doing yet. So far it's just me and moabrangler, we may hook up with another group for some of the trails. We are looking at doing some or all of Hells Revenge, Poision Spider Mesa, Cliffhanger and Steelbender. Some of the other folks on this thread will be going to BFE, Pritchett, Moab Rim and Golden Spike. Sounds like there will be lots of folks down there that weekend.

JParriott

THREESIX
I will be here. I want to play.

I am planning on clearing the step up gap to the upper parking lot. My car is finally ready I think. There should be a few people in town jumping stuff that weekend. Also, there are some new lines we want to work in at the ranch. Would anyone like to have a pot luck bar-b-q at Area BFE on Saturday night? Might be a cool way to meet some new faces.

hdflh

Moab Thanksgiving

Hey All: also a newby headed for the first trip to Moab, We are camping around the Gooseneck canyon area. Do you have any recommendations for moderate trails in that area? I have a TJ with 32's and Ected locking rear. Not sure how much the rig will handle.

Thanks for any info. you all may have about that area.

kkemp

Hey All: also a newby headed for the first trip to Moab, We are camping around the Gooseneck canyon area. Do you have any recommendations for moderate trails in that area? I have a TJ with 32's and Ected locking rear. Not sure how much the rig will handle.

Thanks for any info. you all may have about that area.

Check the trails listing at http://www.rr4w.com/trails.html. You should probably get your feet wet on some 3.5 trails to start. Some of the 4 rated trails would be fine but I would definately go with a group. I and others will be down for Thanksgiving weekend. If you are going to be there then. Your welcome to come along.

Do you mean the Goosenecks on the San Juan? That's quite a distance from Moab. Most folks start trail rides pretty early especially this time of year because of the short days.

hdflh

We are starting on the Shafer Trail headed toward Lathrop Canyon. Thanks for the info on the area.

Where do you guys meet up before taking off?

Last edited: