Moab on the 14th

P

pokeyYJ

Me and Moabrat are going to Moab this weekend, we will be there until Monday. Anybody wanna go?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I might be heading down, if I feel like being the third wheel with my friend and his girlfriend. So, might......

P

pokeyYJ

Dude you should come down. That way I can give you crap for driving a Samuri and you can give me crap because my YJ doesn't flex worth SH*^!!;) We are leaving on the 14th around 1 or 2 p.m. but we have to stop about half way there and re-felt a pool table for a customer. And then when we get down to Moab we have to go over to the owner of Gearhead's house and restretch the felt on his table. But other than that its all wheelin!

P

pokeyYJ

Whew!! Just got back from Moab, man what a trip!

Moabrat and I had a blast and we did, Metal Masher, Hells Revenge, Poision Spider, and Gold Bar Rim.

The first trail was Metal Masher. Everything was going fine, and we got some pretty cool pics, until we got to Rock Chucker. We both made it up with no problem but the trouble started when we wanted to go back down.

Moabrat was going to go first so I pulled off to the side up the hill and parked. I set the e-brake and left it running. So I am standing on the other side of Moabrat's Jeep and I see mine rolling down towards us, and it was going pretty fast. I ran around to see if I could get in and stop it but by the time I got around my Jeep had rolled into Moabrats.

I kinda stood there in misbelief, my bumperette had gone right into the rear passanger side rim on Moabrat's Jeep. Absolutely no damage on Moabrat's Jeep, but my driver's side corner now has a pretty good size dent in it. It even knocked my license plate off.

OK so I'm over that and so is Moabrat. The rest of the trail went good, and so did Hells Revenge and Poision Spider.

Then today we decided that we would try to get one more in before we had to leave. So we did Gold Bar Rim, the trail was going great and we were making good time until Moabrat bent a tie rod going up a big ledge. Luckly we had a Hi-lift jack handle that we sleved the tie rod with. We got back to the rode and aired up. Got out the tape measure and did an alignment so that Moabrat could drive home. And 4 hours later here I am typing this story.

Pics to come as soon as Moabrat delevops them.:D

redrock

sounds like a trip if i ever heard one. can't wait to see the pics

the story reminds me of when i did moab rim and some guy stop to take a pic in a brand new tj. and he never even put the jeep in park no e-brake nothing took off backwards and flip two times ended up on it side in a big crack. the guy never even had a clue tell it was all saidand done. kinda funny but not really.

Last edited:
P

pokeyYJ

Alrighty then, lets get on with the pics. We will start with a couple of action and breakage shots.

Heres Moabrat, stickin it to Dump Bump

P

pokeyYJ

And heres what happens when you combine, 35's, ARB's, Stock steering, and a big ledge.

P

pokeyYJ

I don't know how Moabrat scored this one but he got to take the pics while I fixed his Jeep.

That's me, notice the Superman hat, and the blue shoes.

P

pokeyYJ

Gotta Love the Hi-Lift, notice the fashionable handle inserted in said weak steering.

P

pokeyYJ

No snow, just awesome weather, mid 50's sunny, cool at nights with a little wind.

Heres a group shot

redrock

i have a quick question how did you like the freeway and offramp at cresent juction i paved them last summer spent three month there work so much never went wheeling that suck

P

pokeyYJ

Well I didn't really notice them, so no complaints here.

One last one

P

pokeyYJ

I forgot to mention some of the other things that Moabrat broke.

Somehow he bent a front rim.

He broke his P.O.S. Olympic Tire carrier coming down from that wheels up pic on dump bump.

And I think that somebody hit his Jeep while it was in the parking lot, BBBBIIIIIIIGGGGG Scratch in the door and fender flare.