Moab or St. George?

baerpaws

That is the question. I have a group that i go to EJS with and I have grown tired of Moab crowds. I think i have talked them into going to St. George - Ceder City area over the easter week. I have only run a couple trails down there and need more to last the week. Is there anyone who would be down there and who would be willing to take us out every day. Or is the trails down there GPS'd? We like to do 4 and above rated trails. everyone is well equipped and experienced. About 9 of us
Mike

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Not much experience in St George, but I went ot EJS this last time, and the crowds were totally tolerable, not much as long as you avoid the Red Rock rides, or structure around them.

baerpaws

I've been going to Moab every easter since 89' and the past couple of year hve been crazy. Red Rock has people at every trail. If they are running the spike they close down Gold Bar so I can't do rusty. As they should I guess, that is why I am looking into going to St. George. I'm just looking for trail GPS or someone willing to join us

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
I was contemplaiting going to EJS this year with some friends....but I am not sure it sounds that fun with the crowds. I have been there before during that time, but never actually been on a trail in moab. Regardless I live down here and have only run 1 trail but I hope that is soon to change. I don't know that I would like to run anything that is 4+ ( i know I am kind of a sissy, poor college student and have to keep my DD in one piece) But I have run Fault line and West rim (also running it tomorrow) and there are some decent obsticals on it and it is a fun trail... So if you are seriously contemplating coming down I can try and get out and run a few other trails and take you to them when you head down. PM me if you have questions.

baerpaws

Dude, that would be awsome. We wouldn't have to run hard everyday but would need to do atleast have the time. If you could even point us in the right direction to the hard trails that would be great and come out with us on the other days. I went out on the buggy trail with Todd Little last year and Tracy Evans I'm sure would take us out on Arrow head.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I've been thinking of going to St.George soon also, but can't find maps or any real good directions to the trails. Anyone know where to find some??

blackheep

hey guys, check these out.
http://www.marbryson.com/jan09.html
these were put on another part of this site.
utah 4 wheel drive assoc is having their winter convention here right now.
there is good stuff here you just need to know how to find it.
my xj is down right now and i am verry sad because people are here from all over utah to play.
here is the whole thread on the convention.
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=60269
if you guys are coming down i could proably take you out or get some people to take you guys out.
tell me a little about how your rigs are built and capabilities

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
I can run a few of the trails there...and most of them have bypasses so i can go around why you go over haha. I can take you guys out one day, and other days maybe you will have an empty seat :D ;) I have some pictures from running slip lock today, I will post them in a while. Also as far as maps go i think there are some in the Maps section of the forum....couldn't be positive though.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I have done the EJS for a decade and a half, but the last two years I have gone down a month later during car show weekend, town is fun but the trails are less congested.. cedar and st george would be fun over easter.. I like Wild West and skull in Cedar and camping is fun at three peaks, you can play at night at three peaks, makes it interesting. Im just not into big crowds anymore.

blackheep

ditto i have done car show weekend 3 times and it is much better than EJS!!! no one on the trails and you can sit and watch the cars drag main at night.
good timse for sure

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I did st. george instead of moab last safari and it was great. Doing the same this year. Wheeling is every bit as good and way less people.