South-East Utah Moab: Rear Steer Grand Opening

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
MFFW is having a grand opening of the new trail called "Rear Steer" this Saturday, September 23rd.

Anybody planning on heading down to check it out? I'm thinking about heading down for a short weekend to at least watch some of the action and maybe even try to drive it.

Bart

It was between there and Powell and the wife won so we'll be on the boat and not in Moab. I hear this trail used to have another name. I'm interested to see where the actual trail head is.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It was between there and Powell and the wife won so we'll be on the boat and not in Moab. I hear this trail used to have another name. I'm interested to see where the actual trail head is.

It was an 'underground hush' trail, I guess you'd call it. I understand it was one of the locals that cut it quite a long time ago. I'm just happy there's a decent process to open these routes back up.

edit: the previous name was "Big Balls"

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
9am at trail head I suppose.

Here's directions from MFFW on FB:

Traveling past BFE, the road turns and goes up steeply to a mesa. Continue until you see the road branch and stay left. (You will start seeing the signs now). You'll come to the trail exit first and then on, following the signs, towards the entrance.