Moab Rocks, who won?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
This is not a thread about your approval or disapproval of comps in Moab, I just wanna know who attended and placed. Anyone here go?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Here are the attendees and their places after day one...

NAME TEAM # POINTS
LIMITED CLASS
Bulloch, Dean 9
Bailey, Mike 262
Rector, Carl 82
Turner, Merl 14
Pierce, Josh 16
UNLIMITED CLASS
Wretberg, Rick 71
Bonney, Rob 95
Little,Jennifer 64
Wooley, Matt 59
Davis, Gary 28
Williams, Nate 72
Bullcok, Scott 41
Young, KL 69
Jacobs, Bart 41
Johnson, Brandon 133
Feldt, Brannon 240
Rintelen, M.
Howe, Terry
Luttrell, Dallas

They don't have anymore updated information about day 2 and the final results yet...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
They even had a "bonus round...

Scott McFarland throws in a final 20 pt. Bonus Bowl! This insane carrot is being dangled in front of the competitors as a sort of final fireworks for the spectators, and last ditch chance for competitors. The deal: successfully complete the bonus bowl and you can instantly knock off 20 points from your final score. AND, to sweeten the deal, if the competitor doesn't make it, there is no penalty assessed. A can't loose situation, unless of course you break something in the process.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Here's the Final Standings-

MOAB ROCK CRAWL
FINAL RESULTS AND AWARDS
August 30-31 2003

LEGEND CLASS FINAL

1- Dean Bulloch #9 201
2- Bailey #262 177
3- Rector #82 332
4- Turner #41 446

UNLIMITED CLASS FINAL

1- Wooley #59 144
2- Bonney #95 148
3- Little #64 163
4- Howe #235 173
5- Williams #72 200
6- Johnson #133 353
7- Thierbach #89 385
8- Wretberg #71 436
9- Feldt #240 481
10- KL Young #69 554
11- Davis #28 567

SPECIAL AWARDS

Cosmetics- Matt Wooley
Carnage- Brannon Feldt
Sportsmanship- Carl Rector
Crowd Pleaser- Janalynn Thierbach

A link to the coverage-

MoabROCKS

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I heard that the 20 point bonus got pulled just before jen little was going to run it....that would have given her a 1 point edge.....then she ran it after they pulled the 20 point bonus and walked it....hmmmmm, things could have turned out a lot different;)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Looks like Mike Bailey's score is better than Dean's, but Dean is listed as winning.:confused: Whats the deal? Bart had a hard time (again). He broke another Unimog rear going up Moab rim before he even got to the event site.:( Poor guy has the worst luck...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Bart had a hard time (again). He broke another Unimog rear going up Moab rim before he even got to the event site.:( Poor guy has the worst luck...

That really sucks.... I was intrested in seeing how well he did.

Last time, Chris & I had some problems that slowed us down, on the way up to the Comp Site. Pretty crappy to have breakage & problems before you even get to the venue.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Greg

That really sucks.... I was intrested in seeing how well he did.

Last time, Chris & I had some problems that slowed us down, on the way up to the Comp Site. Pretty crappy to have breakage & problems before you even get to the venue.
Yup, I've seen some JACKED rigs after events too (Bart's in Farmington comes to mind), and I can't imagine how you would get them out to your trailer from up there. There's now way my tow rig could make it up there itself, let alone with a trailer, and I'd prolly go off the edge at the z-turn trying to come back down with a trailer. I guess you could drag it down with another rig, but with broken off mog outers (for example) you'll leave a deep groove the whole way down, as well as possibly doing further damage to the rig. IMHO not a suitable site for a competition.

Bart

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It sucked big time to break before the event. I got my lottery entry to Super Crawl and will either get these mogs fixed or put my old axles under the buggy. This **** is getting way too old.
Bart :mad:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
If you still have your 60s, I'd throw those under there. Mog axles are cool, but you have to finish to win, y'know? You just need to pass your bad luck onto some poor sucker and you'll start kick'n ass.

Bart

Yeah, no kidding. But there's $10k worth of axles and I don't feel good about selling those when they're in that state. I've come up with a plan and we'll see if it works. Either way, I'll be running SC with a set of axles I trust.
Bart