South-East Utah Moab "RocktoberCrawl" Oct 20 - 23 2016

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Pritchett is for sure on the list!

I'll start getting a trail meetup list setup soon.

Just a tad over a month away!

Bart

Wish I could make it down. With Trail Hero the first week of October and a conference the third week I won't be able to pull it off. Have a blast.

Pile of parts

October is a busy month. I have a black powder hunt, my wife has a moose hunt and this coincides with the weekend Nathan (the nag) and I were talking about coming down anyway. Looks like he's in so I'm pretty sure we're in. Unfortunately, we only have Saturday and Sunday - driving home Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm good with Golden Spike on Saturday. I'd even be open to Pritchett on Sunday and I'd just have to cross my fingers for no serious problems so the group makes it out in decent time to get home. Otherwise, I'm game for whatever.

thenag

October is a busy month. I have a black powder hunt, my wife has a moose hunt and this coincides with the weekend Nathan (the nag) and I were talking about coming down anyway. Looks like he's in so I'm pretty sure we're in. Unfortunately, we only have Saturday and Sunday - driving home Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm good with Golden Spike on Saturday. I'd even be open to Pritchett on Sunday and I'd just have to cross my fingers for no serious problems so the group makes it out in decent time to get home. Otherwise, I'm game for whatever.

We will be driving down on Friday 10/21, wheeling on Sat/Sun, driving home on Mon. So we have a little less stress than you on getting off the trail on Sun. I am still nervous about Pritchett. The last time I did it was in the Bronco and I tested a "new" winch anchor on Chewy... literally I wasn't going to make it up Chewy, RR4W set a new anchor and said "go for it" my 6500lb bronco tested the winch anchor less than an hour after it was set. The xj is more capable than the bronco, but my driving is not as good (I don't wheel as much as I used to)

Looks like May of 2009 (Nate's Winchfest 2009!)

DSCN4212.JPG

DSCN4213.JPG

Pile of parts

For the record, I'm game for anything and just tagging along on this trip. Looked like Golden Spike got the nod for Saturday and I'll just wait to see the schedule for Sunday. Maybe others have to drive home that day and want more of a quick in and out trail. However, I still have complete faith in you and the Cherokee.:D

gertsch

Stan and I will be there that weekend. Along with a bunch of top truck challenge vehicles if the reunion continues to work out like it has been thus far.

MANCHE

We will be there Oct 18-22....I will keep an eye on this thread..Hoping to meet up with you guys...

amp713

we will be there with a bunch of us but mostly doing lighter trails, the YJ is tore apart for the tons so we are taking the DD jku.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm planning on these trails on no particular day:

Pritchett - Behind the Rocks backwards
PSM - GS/Where Eagles Dare - Rusty
Tour of BFE

As you can tell, I fly by the seat of my pants. I suppose meeting up at 9-10 will work

How's this sound:
PSM - GS - Rusty: Friday - PSM trail head 9am
Pritchett: Saturday - Movie Theater 9am
Tour of BFE: Sunday - BFE 10am

I have Weds and Thurs open still if anybody is down those days.

thenag

I'm planning on these trails on no particular day:

Pritchett - Behind the Rocks backwards
PSM - GS/Where Eagles Dare - Rusty
Tour of BFE

As you can tell, I fly by the seat of my pants. I suppose meeting up at 9-10 will work

How's this sound:
PSM - GS - Rusty: Friday - PSM trail head 9am
Pritchett: Saturday - Movie Theater 9am
Tour of BFE: Sunday - BFE 10am

I have Weds and Thurs open still if anybody is down those days.

Sounds good We will see you at the movie theater on Sat at 9am.

I have wandered around BFE so it will be good have a guide

Nathan

Last edited:

outdores

Hey amp, my buddy and I will be down there Thursday night through Sunday. We were thinking of lighter trails as well like top of the world, 7mile, and/or fins and things. We are open to whatever though. It would be great to meet up with your group.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sounds like there's a possibility of Pritchet to the top then back and Moab Rim after on Thursday. (still running it Saturday too) Thurs will be a late start though. Probably noon at pritchet trail head.

Anybody down to meet up, message me your # and I'll send mine back!
For the other days, let's plan on meeting then departing an hour after the stated time. This will give some of the not-so-early-risers to get there and meet up. I tend to move slow in the AM unless I have my coffee.

Excited to play!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
We are hitting Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corners on Thursday, then Trying our luck on Poison Spider Friday. Saturday we will hit Dome Plateau on the way home.
If anyone want to join, send me a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk