Moab Thanksgiving weekend

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
We are heading down to Moab the Friday evening after Thanksgiving. We will be there all day Saturday and Sunday.

Friday: Drive to Moab when my wife gets of work

Saturday: Strike Ravine or Hells Revenge (Hopefully Strike Ravine) then my dad and uncles are hitting Pritchett.

Sunday: Probably Tusher Tunnel and Long Canyon. Then head home.

Any suggestions of a trail I can run alone on Saturday afternoon in a basically stock 4runner? I am pretty confident in my driving, but its the runners maiden voyage and I really don't want to get stranded alone!!

Last edited:

gahi

hells or fins are close to help if needed, and both are fun trails. Fins can be made as long or short as you want too.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Fins could be an option. My little bro will be with in his Toyota pick-up. No to Hells I would like to run a trail that I don't do every time I go to Moab!! Any Rose Garden or Long Canyon? About how long does each trail take?

Does 7 Mile Pass connect with Tusher Tunnel? How long would it take to run the 2 of them together?

I know I'm crazy but I like to stick to a somewhat strict schedule (barring breakdowns)

B-RAD

I'll be down there for Thanks giving weekend. Not sure what trails we'll be running. going to play kinda mellow with wife and kid. if ya see us say Hi.

Attachments

• IMG_3273.JPG
    IMG_3273.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 14

B-RAD

Probably Rosegarden/ Top of the world on friday, it is close to where we're staying. Have not made any firm plans for saturday yet

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Had a great trip. Ran Strike Ravine on Saturday. then took my wife and kids to Tusher Tunnel. Sunday we did Fins 'N Things then hit Long Canyon on the way out. The best part about it was I was able to drive home!! I will post a thread in Trip Reports tomorrow when I can get some Pics uploaded