Moab trails!!!

RockCrushinToy

i have a toyota pickup locked f/r 4.88 gears, dual tcases and 35s

what trails should i hit up? i have no roll cage, but i dont mind a lil body damage

any coments would be great thanx all

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
RockCrushinToy said:
i have a toyota pickup locked f/r 4.88 gears, dual tcases and 35s

what trails should i hit up? i have no roll cage, but i dont mind a lil body damage

any coments would be great thanx all

Have you done any of them? Do you want the hardest ones you can do, or do you prefer scenic stuff, or both?

My favorites:

Pritchett Canyon (4+)
Moab Rim (4+)
Rusty Nail (4+)
Poison Spider Mesa (3 1/2)
Fins 'n Things (3)
Cliff Hanger (4)
Golden Spike (4+) (though I prefer to do Rusty Nail, which covers the "good" obstacles, or Poison Spider which is the beginning of GS. GS connects Poison Spider to Gold Bar Rim.)
Hell's Revenge (4)
Behind the Rocks (4), but usually I just do part of that while exiting Pritchett.

Some really nice scenic stuff:

Sevenmile Rim
Flat Iron Mesa
White Rim Trail
Elephant Hill

And I'm sure more, I just can't think of right now.

There are a couple I WOULDN'T recommend for you, Coyote Canyon and Upper Helldorado. Both of those would likely inflict more than an "acceptable" level of body damage.

The Charles Wells guidebook is really good.....

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I Lean said:
Have you done any of them? Do you want the hardest ones you can do, or do you prefer scenic stuff, or both?

My favorites:

Pritchett Canyon (4+)
Moab Rim (4+)
Rusty Nail (4+)
Poison Spider Mesa (3 1/2)
Fins 'n Things (3)
Cliff Hanger (4)
Golden Spike (4+) (though I prefer to do Rusty Nail, which covers the "good" obstacles, or Poison Spider which is the beginning of GS. GS connects Poison Spider to Gold Bar Rim.)
Hell's Revenge (4)
Behind the Rocks (4), but usually I just do part of that while exiting Pritchett.

Some really nice scenic stuff:

Sevenmile Rim
Flat Iron Mesa
White Rim Trail
Elephant Hill

And I'm sure more, I just can't think of right now.

There are a couple I WOULDN'T recommend for you, Coyote Canyon and Upper Helldorado. Both of those would likely inflict more than an "acceptable" level of body damage.

The Charles Wells guidebook is really good.....

Every single one of those is good. Moab Rim still makes me nervous on it. Seven Mile Rim I did the last time I was down there and that's a really fun trail. Definately going to do it again next time.

Spring Canyon is pretty fun if you want to go down to the river and then up to Hey Joe Canyon and check out the mines. Another is Mineral Bottom on the White Rim Trail. You can go check out mines there if you go right instead of left at the split. I still need to get up to the mines (Cody chased me down last time and stopped me :p) Gemini Bridges is always fun just to run out there and see the arches. Steel Bender is a good one too, though you might have an issue at one spot (I had to get winched up a big ledge.) Metal Masher is another good one that you shouldn't have a problem with.

Last edited:

KToy

zack if you go with me you are going on upperhelldo and coyote canyon...

but seriously the funnest ones down there for you and ty are hells revenge and poison spider or gold bar rim/golden spike backwards.

or otherwise double wammy golden stair case and the golden crack and then some cool stuff on gold bar rim

metal masher is very doable as well. you could hit pritchet as long as you dont bust a ujoint.

Bart

My favorite 3 are the top 3 on Carls list. Prichett always, Moab Rim at night, and Rusty Nail when you can get to it.

RockCrushinToy

thanks alot guys so is the any 5+'s i would have a chance on? i did all of constrictor, accept eagles nest( of course ) with only a lil bit of hard work

KToy

spring break is the 16 of april for easter weekend.

so you tell me when do you want to go cuz im ready any weekend.

RockCrushinToy

when will it start to be a lil warmer, or when will the snow melt im thinking early march before easter, and then again at easter

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
RockCrushinToy said:
thanks alot guys so is the any 5+'s i would have a chance on? i did all of constrictor, accept eagles nest( of course ) with only a lil bit of hard work

IMO, constictor is not really a 5+ trail, unless you actually do the eagles nest. I don't know how the trail was before I ran it, but it's more along the lines of a 4 to a 4+.

Caleb

Herzog said:
IMO, constictor is not really a 5+ trail, unless you actually do the eagles nest. I don't know how the trail was before I ran it, but it's more along the lines of a 4 to a 4+.
do you really think it rates that high? :confused: Maybe it was cause I was in a buggy but I don't remember it being hard at all, Wayne's World and the Eagle's Nest are the only obstacles that have any challenge to them (and Wayne's World isn't officially part of Constrictor)...it is a fun trail though (sorry, not to get off topic guys :D)

For trails in Moab, I'd stick to Fins 'n Things...that trail is killer...:)

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Supergper said:
do you really think it rates that high? :confused: Maybe it was cause I was in a buggy but I don't remember it being hard at all, Wayne's World and the Eagle's Nest are the only obstacles that have any challenge to them (and Wayne's World isn't officially part of Constrictor)...it is a fun trail though (sorry, not to get off topic guys :D)

For trails in Moab, I'd stick to Fins 'n Things...that trail is killer...:)

Fins is definately a tough trail. Could definately break some stuff.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I would only recommend maybe 3-D, unless there are any easier ones..Until you build you a cage, then you should be set up to do any of them. after seeing how my brothers roof cave in after a light rollover, a cage would be my first upgrade.

d-krawler

D.G.A.F KRAWL
i really don't want to have to drive my truck down there but i will, who's going in with me on a hotel (not in a gay way) hopefully 21

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
d-krawler said:
i really don't want to have to drive my truck down there but i will, who's going in with me on a hotel (not in a gay way) hopefully 21

21 people in a hotel room? :eek:

KToy

im getting a room at the holiday inn express for 39 a night from the hookup WOOT

he means hopefully someone that is 21 will so ya he can P A R T Y

RockCrushinToy

ya i wanna party all night and wheel all day, $39 a night have you allready reserved one, how early do you have to reserve a hotel for easter,