South-East Utah Moab trip before winter?

rwalk

Im looking to get out to Moab at some point to wheel before the ski season starts. I can do pretty much any weekend besides October 10-19 and November 7-9.

I've never been so I would love for somebody to be willing to lead me around. Looking to do some challenging trails for my TJ Rubicon on 35's.

I'd be coming down from SLC so I'd probably drive down Friday afternoon, camp Friday/saturday night, wheel saturday and Sunday and go home Sunday night.

Let me know if anyone wants to plan something!

amp713

We are going to Moab in October and anyone can come with! Only problem is that the weekend we are going is actually jeep jamboree so some trails may be packed....... We are starting before them though! October 15-19

rwalk

I'm figuring out an end of season Moab trip with a few people soon. I will definitely post up and see if you want to join...

Awesome let me know when you guys are going!

We are going to Moab in October and anyone can come with! Only problem is that the weekend we are going is actually jeep jamboree so some trails may be packed....... We are starting before them though! October 15-19

Saw your post about that in another thread, unfortunately I'll be back home in MA that week. Wish I could have made it though

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
It looks like I have a group(Few Jeeps, Few RZRs) going to down November 7th and staying through Sunday the 9th. We are hoping to find some hotels to stay in since a few of us are bringin wives and kids. We are probably renting an extra 4dr Rubicon and doing a trail run or two. Trails haven't been decided yet. You are welcome to join.

rwalk

It looks like I have a group(Few Jeeps, Few RZRs) going to down November 7th and staying through Sunday the 9th. We are hoping to find some hotels to stay in since a few of us are bringin wives and kids. We are probably renting an extra 4dr Rubicon and doing a trail run or two. Trails haven't been decided yet. You are welcome to join.

I'm doing the Hump and Bump trip down in Nevada that weekend, thanks for the invite though

93TJ

I may be able to do a trip to Moab November 5-8; I could show you around. rwalk, let me know if you'd be interested and if you could go those dates.

I will be in SC back at my home station around the 16th so that weekend wouldn't work for me. I would be down to go anytime out side of then though.

Edit: I will also be doing a Capital Reef area into Moab trip with a few buddies 24-26 October.

Last edited:
Weather permitting, my little groups trip plan is to head out to boulder mountain Friday the 26th and stay up at the high elevation plateau. Then Saturday morning head on down Chokecherry point trail then into Moab.

Haven't really decided on what trails for Moab we will be doing. Just depends on who all actually goes and all that. Will likely just make a command decision enroute or on arrival.

If anyone wants to come along feel free!

amp713

Thanks to my truck blowing up i dont know if im going to make it down with the jeep for my first plan or not. Had expected to leave wed after work. May have to go next month.....

thenag

We will be wheeling in Moab on 10/25 and 10/26.

I know the area and it wouldn't be the first time I get to be tour guide.

Sorry for the short notice we just confirmed everything to go.

We have a 1999 xj on 37's with lots of goodies, so our rigs have similar capabilities. (yours is probably 1000 lbs lighter so probably more capable than ours actually)

I will send you a PM too

Nathan