Moab trip in October!!!

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Alrighty ladies and gentlemen!!!! Let's get a group of us together for the trip to Moab in the first weekend of October!!! We are giving plenty of forewarning... so plan ahead and lets get out there and have a good time!!!!;) I will be there with my '97 Dodge RamCrawler!!! I know there are some others that are in the works for this trip... so sound off if you are planning on attending and let's figure out who can bring what and we will have a good time!!! I know I will be bringing a barbeque and some firewood.... so there is a start!!!
Pack Creek Campground is the place to be if you want to get together for campfires and a cookout!!! They have full hook-ups for you camper people and they also have tent sites if you prefer to "rough it"! They have shower and restroom facilities along with a play area for the kids! Here is a link to their website:
http://www.packcreekcampground.com/
Temperatures can vary so pack accordingly! Last time we were there it was the 100 year storm that dumped like 10" of rain in two days... that made for fun wheelin on the slick rock and we dug trenches around the tents... but we had a great time nonetheless!!! So.... let's all get together and have a big RME good time!!!!
Matt

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
Alot of the guys on Planet4x4 here in Idaho will be down that weekend as well. some will be at slickrock, others at Moab Valley RV.

should be a fun weekend!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
It is the Planet4x4 Moab mash!

There are a couple threads going on that site as well. More the better I say. There should be a few different groups each day so you can pick and choose what trails you want to run.

Im REALLY hoping the Scout will be there. I ran a compression check on the motor and they are coming in at 90. THEY SHOULD BE AROUND 175!!!! So........I need to figure out whats up. I have a complete shortblock I can throw in but I will need my heads done. Biggest problem is money. Work is super slow so Im barely paying bills. Hopefully something will happen.

Worst case I will be there in the wifes XJ doing the easy trails.

Post up what trails everyone wants to run as well.

Greg.....are you going to plan trails or are we on our own?

Cant wait!@!@!!!

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Gotcha about the Moab Mash 2008!!! I just got myself registered there as well and will be posting on that forum as a new member to get in on the runs, etc! Should be a good time and looking forward to finally meeting some of you folks!!!

As for not having the :eek:Scout:confused: I would admit I would be disappointed... but the point is that we are all getting together and having a good time and defying the :rofl:tree huggers:rofl:!!!!! We should also stress that members should be bringing trash bags to pick up trash from the trail runs we go on so we also have a positive impact on the environment at the same time!!!!;)

I will be staying at the Pack Creek Campground with my rig because of the space for parking and leniency of the owners for working on rigs, etc! The only only thing they are sticklers about is keeping speed down in the campground! Other than that... the bathrooms are nice and showers are great! We always have a good campfire in the evenings and cookouts as well!
Matt

LT.

It is the Planet4x4 Moab mash!

There are a couple threads going on that site as well. More the better I say. There should be a few different groups each day so you can pick and choose what trails you want to run.

Im REALLY hoping the Scout will be there. I ran a compression check on the motor and they are coming in at 90. THEY SHOULD BE AROUND 175!!!! So........I need to figure out whats up. I have a complete shortblock I can throw in but I will need my heads done. Biggest problem is money. Work is super slow so Im barely paying bills. Hopefully something will happen.

Worst case I will be there in the wifes XJ doing the easy trails.

Isn't your Scout powered by a FORD!? Maybe you should start there. Just kidding, I am just jealous that yours runs and mine is still a busted up Papa, Oscar, Siera and that makes me Siera, Oscar Lima! You trackin'? Military lingo, you gotta love it! If you are running the easy trails I may just have to join you with the tow rig.

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I pulled the front end of the motor apart this weekend. The timing chain skipped 2 teeth!!! Thats why my compression was so low but all equal.

It is a miracle that the motor was running at all. It even had ok power in the hill climb and tank trap.

After the hit....I thought the distributer jumped a tooth so we pulled it and moved it and thats when it started running again.

Long story short...I will be able to throw the motor back together and SHOULD make it to Moab.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
I pulled the front end of the motor apart this weekend. The timing chain skipped 2 teeth!!! Thats why my compression was so low but all equal.

It is a miracle that the motor was running at all. It even had ok power in the hill climb and tank trap.

After the hit....I thought the distributer jumped a tooth so we pulled it and moved it and thats when it started running again.

Long story short...I will be able to throw the motor back together and SHOULD make it to Moab.

:tara::tara::tara:SWEET!!! See you there!! Hopefully I can have the time to do the little tweeks my truck needs to be in running order before the trip!! If not... I am running it like it is!
Matt

LT.

Hells Revenge is always a favorite. Great views, good times, some cool challenges if you choose, and a great place to eat lunch overlooking the river. I am also wanting to convince everybody to run pritchet canyon. I am wanting some more trail badges and looking to complete it for the first time. Fins n things is also a favorite just because of Frenchies Fin and the laps that we like to run on it. But, I would think that we will see what everybody is up for. Trails are not as much fun if you don't have the company of good people to run with. We like to fly by the seat of our pants and just go with what ever everybody is up for. Low stress, good times, and lots of laughs. That is what we are up for!

LT.

notajeep

Just me
Hells Revenge is always a favorite. Great views, good times, some cool challenges if you choose, and a great place to eat lunch overlooking the river. I am also wanting to convince everybody to run pritchet canyon. I am wanting some more trail badges and looking to complete it for the first time. Fins n things is also a favorite just because of Frenchies Fin and the laps that we like to run on it. But, I would think that we will see what everybody is up for. Trails are not as much fun if you don't have the company of good people to run with. We like to fly by the seat of our pants and just go with what ever everybody is up for. Low stress, good times, and lots of laughs. That is what we are up for!

LT.

I'll so pritchett with you. And hells is always a blast.

LT.

Pickle and Rusty Nail are two trails that I don't know where they are and I have seen some photos of them and they seem like a lot of fun. We will have to look into these two trails more.LT.