Moab Weekend made short

Xploderkid97

Well it was a fun filled weekend for our group but the fun left some faces in our group after the second trail. Pictures will tell it all.

I just wanted to post a huge thank you to the guys and gals from Moab Friends For Wheelin/We Be Jeepin who help us turn the cherokee back over safely.

The driver and passengers where safe, they were coming down the z bend on moab rim, dropped into the hole that typically takes cherokees out, and it was all down from there. It didnt take too long to get it back on top and it was able to drive out, and towed it home.

If any body saw the stupid kid driving in the rain with no top or doors all the way back to provo, that was me! We loaded up the rolled rig on our trailer and had a friend pull it back on saturday night, as i chugged along in the jeep that is typically towed. I saw a couple of guys from RME passing me on our way out.

once again i just wanted to give a big thanks to all those who where involved at making it out safely,

and to those who where stuck in the floods, i hope all is safe and well, and no one got hurt.

Attachments

• IMGP1596.jpg
    IMGP1596.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMGP1590.jpg
    IMGP1590.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMGP1569.jpg
    IMGP1569.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 139

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Glad to hear everyone is OK :) It's great to see that people are willing to take the time in these situations to lend a helping hand.

It's funny you mentioned "dropped into the hole that typically takes cherokees out" because I think that every time I sit at that obstical. This year alone on EJS we saw an XJ almost tip over (it was really really close) and one that blew a D35 to peices in that exact spot :ugh:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Saw it on the flat bed on my way to the BBQ and someone was talking about it, sucks that it happened but cars can be mended. We called off Moab Rim due to the weather and went to Metal Masher instead on Saturday. And get some skid and rollover protection on that thing already!!

Last edited:

Xploderkid97

It's funny you mentioned "dropped into the hole that typically takes cherokees out" because I think that every time I sit at that obstical. This year alone on EJS we saw an XJ almost tip over (it was really really close) and one that blew a D35 to peices in that exact spot

even better, from my understanding there were two other cherokees that flopped there in our camp ground.

And get some skid and rollover protection on that thing already!!

i agree to that statement but i feel bad cause it was a newly wed couple, just bought the jeep within the month and only had the lift on for a week, and flop! im not sure of their plans, i told him its a perfect opportunity to cage it out and crawl it! but i think they are looking for a donor to swap everything over to.

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Hey, we were glad to help out. I had promised a couple of friends we'd go up to the top and back but after they saw the roll over, they were happy to go back to our house for a BBQ!
Glad everyone was okay. Hope the driver doesn't give up on Jeepin' too soon!!

Xploderkid97

thank you again, we couldnt have done it with out you. I am in the process of building some tube fenders and a bumper to support a winch so that i am of more benefit next time it happens. it would have been very difficult but you guys made it look easy so a lot of thanks!

as for the driver, we hope the same, im trying to get him to join on the 19th 20th, to kick to back on the horse

Last edited: