South-East Utah Moab with JP magazine trail ride in October

Team1k

For those who are staying at Pack Creek, is it trailer friendly? I looked on their website and saw they have spots for a camping type trailer. Bit more than i need. This is the first time ill be trailering my rig down to moab and honestly have no idea where to camp with it. Any help would be very appreciated.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
For those who are staying at Pack Creek, is it trailer friendly? I looked on their website and saw they have spots for a camping type trailer. Bit more than i need. This is the first time ill be trailering my rig down to moab and honestly have no idea where to camp with it. Any help would be very appreciated.

One of the best things about Pack Creek is that they have plenty of room for a flatbed trailer away from the campsites. Moab is pretty trailer friendly. I wouldn't worry about most camp areas. I've only stayed at Canyonlands, Slick Rock, Spanish Trail RV, and Pack Creek. I've "boondock" camped more than I've camp park "camped".

If you do get a trailer site at Pack Creek, I think you'll have a "pull-through" type situation where you can just pull into the trailer site and unload your Jeep. I've done that and pitched a tent on my trailer deck. Keeps the tent much cleaner as you're not dragging in dirt and whatnot (helps a lot if you have kids).

Team1k

Does that mean I can get a regular tent site and just store the truck/trailer in a separate area? Just thinking of saving money on the camp fee

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Does that mean I can get a regular tent site and just store the truck/trailer in a separate area? Just thinking of saving money on the camp fee

Yes, I believe you can. That's been the case in the past and I have no reason to assume that will be different now. I'll be in your same boat if that's changed.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Pack creek has plenty of room and is a fun place to stay . just tell them that stan sent you.

Bart

I don't think you have anything to worry to about. They have lots of room. The worst that could happen is you don't get a tent sight and you have to set up your tent in the parking area for a cheaper cost and you still have access to all the facilities.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
I talked with Ron and they have room, He has been busy and Dar(his Wife) is out so he is busy. We have our usual spot and there is room for tents there. See you guys there.

Team1k

Thanks Stan for the heads up on Ron being busy. I just called him and he had reserved me a spot but forgot to send the confirmation email. Cant wait!

Last edited: