moab

Well, here is my little trip report from Moab this weekend. I hit Metal Masher early Sat. morning.
rockchuck.JPG

It was my first time running Metal Masher, it was fun. Had to pull a wrangler and a CJ7 up widowmaker.
widowmaker.JPG

Then we went out to Gemini Bridges for some sight seeing and we seen this.. :eek:
tightrope1.JPG

tightrope2.JPG

We ran up to the top of Gold Bar rim just before it got dark.
goldbar.JPG

All in all it was a fun trip, this if the only damage I came home with
diff.JPG

Not a single drop came out :confused:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nice. I wanted to be in Moab this weekend. Instead I was on a hike from hell looking for hot springs in the mountains.

You gonna make it down for Turkey Day weekend too?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SAMI said:
cool pics..

i'm thinkin of maybe runnin Metal Masher on saturday of turkey weekend....
Don't they call that a "slack line"? How many times did he fall before he made it across? Looks like a fun trip, can't wait for turkey weekend!

Nixter

on the road again...
RockMonkey said:
Don't they call that a "slack line"? How many times did he fall before he made it across? Looks like a fun trip, can't wait for turkey weekend!

WTF?!?!?!? :eek: Is that dude walking accross the canyon on a line??? :sick:

yeah, it was insane watching them go accross the canyon. I didn't see any of them fall. I stuck around a while just for that. I was surprised that they didn't have a full harness setup. They were using the same type of harness that you would use for rappelling. It hooked in the front of the harness and then to the line. I couldn't imagine what it would do to you if you fell.

I wish I could head back down there for turkey weekend. I have too many family things to go to.

The line they were crossing was about a 1 inch wide strap.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Wow, another show of stupidity. There was a time when I was known for jumping from one Gemni Bridge to the other one.......

Actually, I used to want to get a rope tied to a vehicle on the middle of the bridge and go around in front of the bridge across the bowl from the vehicle, put on a harness, jump and swing under the bridge! I know my wife would seriously kill me if I did that.

EZ

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
wetmuskrat said:
It wasn't me. I am up here in Salt Lake attempting to go to school and my jeep stays down by Price at my parent's house. I wish I had a place to keep it up here.

Are you from Price?