MoabRocks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Is anyone going to MoabRocks in May? It's coming up real soon, just over 2 weeks, the Dates are the 1st-3rd.

If you're going are you Spectating, Officiating or Competeing?

I think I'll be there, not sure at to my role yet.

MoabRocks.com

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
hmmm they are cramming these comps together aren't they....why do they have to schedule it during finals weekend?!?

Ryan

Well, since I don't believe they have a website, and since I have an info packet for it right here in front of me, I'll give you the run down.

It's at the new "Moab Rocks 4x4 Park", located at the "Moab Rim Adventure Park". The Adventure Park is basically the Rim Chairlift and surrounding area, according to an article I read in the Moab paper a few weeks ago. The "4x4 Park" is at the top of the Rim. The only way to access it is up the Rim, or up the chairlift. Getting a trashed vehicle back down could be interesting:confused:. Sponsored by 4 Wheel Parts, Rancho, Rock Crawler wheels, ProComp tires. Uses UROC rules.

Tickets are $15 per person, kids under 8 are free. Includes chairlift ride. No parking at the bottom of the Rim Trail.

Just a little tip for everybody going down, but not for MoabRocks. The flyer says, and I quote--"Competitors can drive their competing vehicles from hotels in Moab, no trailering required."

Throw on a few stickers and a number, and leave the trailer home:D(yeah right).

Still trying to decide if I want to drive 7 hours straight through, only to get there at 1:00 am, and then get up at 6:00 am to spot. Hmmm...

For info call:
Scott McFarland(he owns the Adventure Park, Rim Trail, chairlift, etc.)
435-259-7799

Anything else you want to know?:D

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I have a Question it's kind of stupid but are they letting spectaters drive there rigs up moab rim to watch or do you have to park and take the lift. I guess if they let people take there rigs up then it would look like LA traffice?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
I have a Question it's kind of stupid but are they letting spectaters drive there rigs up moab rim to watch or do you have to park and take the lift. I guess if they let people take there rigs up then it would look like LA traffice?

Scott, the organizer of the event stopped by our shop the other day to chat and drop off an entry form. It's sounds like the only rigs allowed into the actual event site are competition and support vehicles. All spectators will use the chair lift.

Ryan

Originally posted by Vonski

Scott, the organizer of the event stopped by our shop the other day to chat and drop off an entry form. It's sounds like the only rigs allowed into the actual event site are competition and support vehicles. All spectators will use the chair lift.

Hey Von--are you guys competing?

Also, you haven't heard any ideas of how many they anticipate entering in each class have you?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Ryan

Hey Von--are you guys competing?

Also, you haven't heard any ideas of how many they anticipate entering in each class have you?

No, we're not. It looks like he's trying to round up some experienced competitors, and I think thats cool. However, we can't afford to potentially bust up the rig so close to the Cedar City UROC. We're also needed here at the shop. We may catch the next one depending on the date though. How 'bout Chris Holley?

As for the # of competitors they anticipate, I have no clue.

Last edited:

Caleb

I'm not going...too close to Cedar for me...I'm trying to save to get my Jeep done, I cant be spending on comps:D:p

Ryan

Originally posted by Vonski

How 'bout Chris Holley?

Well, we weren't going to, but Maxxis wants us to compete, so Chris is entering. As to wether or not I spot, I'm still tryin' to balance it out with Cedar city. If I don't, maybe Greg will get a little strap time:D

The breakage thing was kind of a concern for us as well, but we haven't really broke anything for like 4 events now(knock on wood), so hopefully we'll be okay, barring a major rollover.

Caleb

Originally posted by Ryan

Well, we weren't going to, but Maxxis wants us to compete, so Chris is entering. As to wether or not I spot, I'm still tryin' to balance it out with Cedar city. If I don't, maybe Greg will get a little strap time:D

The breakage thing was kind of a concern for us as well, but we haven't really broke anything for like 4 events now(knock on wood), so hopefully we'll be okay, barring a major rollover.

are they running just one class or are there a couple classes???

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I talked to RYAN and he says the area up there is totally sick!! it should be a good show but the logistics like we talked about before....the logistics baby!!

Caleb

Originally posted by spencurai
hmmm they are cramming these comps together aren't they....why do they have to schedule it during finals weekend?!?

and the second one is right about when fall semester starts...