Jeep Modifying a Jeep Wrangler with a Ford motor and high gear ratio axles.

I want to modifying a Jeep Wrangler with a Ford motor and high gear ratio axles. This is just a work up at the moment so I will know what I need to get and how to do it. I don't have the Jeep yet so it will be a clean slate build. My main goal is a street cruse speed of 70mph and better fuel mileage than a stock jeep. I am not interested really in "crawling" or the technical aspects of the slow climb. I want to thank you all for any and all help (information) on this topic.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Welcome. I spent a few months off and on in st. Joe when I worked for Altec. You may know their large plant there.

Anyways as for the swap, a lot depends on which jeep you use. Pick the one you like and make the engine work. With a newer jeep you may be better off going with a gm or mopar motor as there is more support for those swaps. What jeep style are you leaning towards and what year range?

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
V 8 or V 6? Auto or manual? Mild lift & tires or bigger? Stock looks or Winch & bumper, swing out tire carrier/ bumper, side steps, roof rack, lights (added weight)?
All things to consider in the planing stage.:confused: Also remember that a Jeep has all the aerodynamic qualities of a brick & adding lift, tires, & accessories makes for a bigger brick!;)

Performance & economy are bitter enemies & I haven't had much luck getting both to live in the same place! Good luck I hope you succeed!:D

larrybenny

larrybenny
My suggestion would be to look around first and see what is out there for sale that is already built with a V8 conversion and close to what you would like. You would be suprised at the jeeps you can find for half the price of what you can build one for. People get tired of their modified off road equipment or change sports or simply cannot afford their toy anymore. I am in this catagory, trying to sell my jeep for half of what I have into it and cannot find a buyer who has the money.