moles destroying my yard!!!

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
After the snow melted this year, I found like a million, gazillion, fafillion mole tunnels all over my yard!!! I bought some mole/gopher bait at IFA (the kind that looks like little seads) and that didn't do it. Any ideas??? :eek:

V-DAWG

someday
I have had the same problem for 3 years. I almost break my leg everytime I mow the lawn. Let me know when you find out the solution. I thought about sitting out at night with a spotlight and my 30-06, but being in the city, that may not be a good idea.

81Ramchargerman

Can't you use the traps? I have seen my dad kills tons of gophers and moles with those because the neighbors did nothing to control them. It seemed to work for us. He also got those gay little wind powered spinning flowers and put a few in the groud because the noise deters(sp) them from coming. And don't forget the poison pellets he uses too... I am not kidding, do all of the above and they should go away. Just make sure if your neghbors have them that they control them or they will just keep coming back.

Edit: You could always hope that one of those mortars from the Udot? lands in your back yard... :rofl:

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
you need a hose.... Flood em out and wait with the pellet guns... we had rats that lived under our backyard, we plugged up all but one hole and stuck jeep rims over em then filled the one hole with water, when they came out they were under a wire crate type deal that we shot em through.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
5DollerShake said:
you need a hose.... Flood em out and wait with the pellet guns... we had rats that lived under our backyard, we plugged up all but one hole and stuck jeep rims over em then filled the one hole with water, when they came out they were under a wire crate type deal that we shot em through.

nice :cool:

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Brandon, I say quarter stick of dynamite!!! :D :D

I didn't think that we had gophers in Bountiful???? We had REALLY large rats at my house that come up from the gulley, but I have never seen a gopher.

81Ramchargerman

nvrstuk said:
what kind of traps??? gopher/mole traps? (haven't see any) or like mouse traps?

Yeah, they are goher traps. They are a cylinder with a wire that goes through, and when they trip it, it pulls the wire loop up and squishes/chokes them.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
A few years ago IFA carried (I hope they still do), a serious gopher bomb, they were not kept on the shelves, you had to ask for them. I may have a few around still. They look like a giant M80 about 3" long. Put that down the hole and stand back - way back, it will shoot giant flames out the hole, then start watching for smoke comming out of all of the holes around, there was smoke comming out of houses 2 doors down. no more gophers

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
5DollerShake said:
Excellent idea :cool:

81Ramchargerman

rusted said:
A few years ago IFA carried (I hope they still do), a serious gopher bomb, they were not kept on the shelves, you had to ask for them. I may have a few around still. They look like a giant M80 about 3" long. Put that down the hole and stand back - way back, it will shoot giant flames out the hole, then start watching for smoke comming out of all of the holes around, there was smoke comming out of houses 2 doors down. no more gophers

That should work! Hey Rusted, do you know if other places might carry them? What kind of stores would?

Bone Down

Myself and two of my neighbors enjoyed the spring thaw only to find our yards had been raided by gophers.

All I did was located a store that sold them dumb little smoke bombs (you know the ones that just blow out colored smoke), I bought 6 bags of them and enlisted the help of the kids :greg: (what kid does not like smoke bombs?).

I gave each kid a bag of smoke bombs each a lit punk (think that is what the are called) and told them to lit one and drop it in every hole they can find.

kids had fun smoked out the gophers, never seen them again.

Cheap easy and fun for all.

JoeT

Plug every hole but one.
Run a hose/pipe from your exhaust pipe into hole.
Start engine, spray carb cleaner, a little oil ( you get the picture) into the carb. Or just use a lawmower, turned on it's side some so it smokes like crazy. I'm sure you can find a RME'r with a car that's blowing smoke, probably a zuk or toy owner. :D