moles destroying my yard!!!

There are these windmill things that my sister has in her yard that create some kind of vibration or noise or something that they don't like so they move out and stay away. They're just this aluminum windmill that sticks up out of the ground and they work pretty good.

81Ramchargerman

crimsonride said:
There are these windmill things that my sister has in her yard that create some kind of vibration or noise or something that they don't like so they move out and stay away. They're just this aluminum windmill that sticks up out of the ground and they work pretty good.

I will vouch for the fact that they keep them away...we just used those really cheap spinning flowers...cause we're cheap!

el_chingon

***Crawls out from under rock***
I had this problem last year. I tried everything but the pesky little things just wouldn't die. I even have a pit bull in my back yard that couldn't catch them. Anyway, I heard on Bob and Tom that putting a stick of Juicy Fruit gum (I know, it sounds stupid) down the hole would get rid of em. I don't know if they chew it and it plugs em up or what, but I'll be damned it if didn't get rid of em! Anyway, just a thought.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
81Ramchargerman said:
That should work! Hey Rusted, do you know if other places might carry them? What kind of stores would?
I bought some today at the Cal Ranch Store in Tooele (have not tried them yet), and also bought 2 traps that you stick in the hole and when they try to push dirt to the surface it trips and squishes them, 25min later I had 1 dead gofer and 1 that got away. I like the traps better because you get a head count!

PolarXJ

HO-P
My brother-in-law had the same problem with the gophers. He bought this green box that has a steam that extends into the ground. The box emites a high pitched sound once in awhile. He hasn't had a problem yet. He placed it next to his fence that borders a big field. Because the thing is green, the grass hides it somewhat. He also has dogs that don't seem to be bothered by it.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
miatre said:
Just means you need more practice :greg:

Or a bigger gun! Me and some of my hard hittin gopher killin redneck buddies could come over with our gopher killers and set up shop. Of course, the moles would be gone but the PBR cans on the lawn would proly chew up your mower blade. :redneck: Just a thought... KENNETH !!