Mona Pole trail

n1v3kt

Hey there guys. Has anyone done the Mona pole trail? I've been told it's quite fun. That said, I've no idea where it starts/ends. Anyone have any coordinates?

Just jeeped mona pole 2 weekends ago. Beautiful canyon. I never would have thought you could get from Mona to Payson canyon going over Nebo mountain. North of Mona a few miles is a road that heads east up towards a concrete batching plant and gravel pit. Just follow the road south around the gravel pit, then east up in the mountains.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Some good info here, including descriptions and directions - http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?14570-Mona-Pole-Trail-Info-needed&highlight=Mona+Pole

The easest way to get there....I-15 heading south. Take Exit 242, turn left (or head West). Turn South or right at the T. Go 7 miles on the frontage road or one mile past the Young Living Farm. There will be a dirt road on your left. Head East on the road to the Mona gravel pit. You will pass under I-15. It looks like you are heading into the gravel pit, right before you get there, there is a dirt road straight ahead. You will see the sign for Mona Pole.

About a mile up there is a sign in station. I suggest filling out the permit. $200 fine if not.

n1v3kt

Awesome! Thanks guys! I'll be heading up there this afternoon. I'll snap a few while I'm up there. I'm in a stock JKU Rubicon, I assume I'll be ok? anything I need to look out for? Is it still exit 245? I know they renumbered a bunch in Utah county in the last few years. The link with directions was from 2004.

Just went over google earth, looks like it's now Exit 242. I found the cement quarry and went in reverse from there.

Last edited: