Mona Pole

kruzr69

I took a quick run up Mona Pole today. Was a nice Sunday drive. Weather was nice up there, not to hot. The trail is all cleared except for one spot there is still a big snow drift with a fallen tree on top of it. I only ran up to the mine, so I dont know how the rest of the road is. The road to the mine is clear up until about 1/4 mile from the entrance.
Ran into a few 4-wheelers but no other trucks.

kruzr69

cruiseroutfit said:
Off topic a bit...

Is the mine open?

I want to run that trail, on my list to do :D
The road to the Prospector mine(I think that is the name of it) has a gate that was closed, so I didnt go up to that one, even though there is a trail cut around the gate. The other mine didnt have a name on the map but it is open but only goes in about 100' then dead ends. There is still some mining equipment up there though.
Let me know when you go up there, i would like to tag along.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
kruzr69 said:
The road to the Prospector mine(I think that is the name of it) has a gate that was closed, so I didnt go up to that one, even though there is a trail cut around the gate. The other mine didnt have a name on the map but it is open but only goes in about 100' then dead ends. There is still some mining equipment up there though.
Let me know when you go up there, i would like to tag along.

Sounds like a great area to check out... I want to tag along with you, you know the area :D

Tacoma type trail? Or Cruiser trail?

kruzr69

cruiseroutfit said:
Sounds like a great area to check out... I want to tag along with you, you know the area :D

Tacoma type trail? Or Cruiser trail?
You could get the Tacoma through it pretty easy, it is just a nice drive, but there are alot of branches hanging down in the trail that will scratch you paint up pretty good.

Moon

Above the mine you say has no name is some more mines, (you are talking about the one that you can all but drive into and has about the best view of Utah at night in the state) well you can hike up and look around not much more than a 100 foot rise in elevation and not much more than 200ft in distance and you will find 2 or 3 more not quite as big as the lower one but the view are amazing and one has a vent shaft or some thing that I haven't explored too far but I know it drops at least 12'.... Man I could probably show you adventurous types at least 10 mines that need rope to get further in to or down.. there was one really fun one that got covered by the mudslide they cut it in a circle so there was one opening and then it forked 2 or 3 places and then it would always lead you right back to the entrance and you never really knew you were circling

kruzr69

Moon said:
Above the mine you say has no name is some more mines, (you are talking about the one that you can all but drive into and has about the best view of Utah at night in the state) well you can hike up and look around not much more than a 100 foot rise in elevation and not much more than 200ft in distance and you will find 2 or 3 more not quite as big as the lower one but the view are amazing and one has a vent shaft or some thing that I haven't explored too far but I know it drops at least 12'.... Man I could probably show you adventurous types at least 10 mines that need rope to get further in to or down.. there was one really fun one that got covered by the mudslide they cut it in a circle so there was one opening and then it forked 2 or 3 places and then it would always lead you right back to the entrance and you never really knew you were circling
Yes, that is the one I am talking about. Next time I go up there I will have to hike around some more and find the other ones you are talking about.
Do you know what they were mining up there?

kruzr69

00harpdawg said:
l know this is a stupid question but where is mona pole i have never heard of it before
Right before Nephi there is a town named Mona. The trail goes up the mountain and ties into the Nebo loop road.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I used to know the names, and the name of the town up there to. I'll try to remember. I'll snap some pic's this weekend if i make it up there.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
cruiseroutfit said:
Please do... :greg:

Ok Kurt

The name of the town was Evea ( I think thats how you spell it). There was three mines. The Eagle, Blue Bell, and the Evea. The town got so big that they applied to be a school district. This was in the early 1900's. They mined Gold/Silver didn't really get much.

I think thats the name of the mines. :D

Last edited: