Monster Buggy Class

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
44's? I don't know of any narrow 44 so I don't see any comp guys bolting on 44's to sweep the class.

Knowing Craig, he'll probably run you guys through some huge holes or over some giant diff hangers where you have to have huge tires to even clear them.

Man I'm excited to see this class run!

Craig S

Commando
What size tires are the big buggies running? 44s don't seem very big to me as I am running 40s. Is there anybody running 44s that is going to run in August?

jswainthug

I think tire size should be lowered a little 37" being max for legend, 40" being max for pro mod and 44" max for unlimited. I am running 42" and I will be ther in August craig. Just my .02

1995zj

I'm addicted
I think tire size should be lowered a little 37" being max for legend, 40" being max for pro mod and 44" max for unlimited. I am running 42" and I will be ther in August craig. Just my .02

Why should the tire sizes be lowered if you're running 42's? I'm running 39's in legend and I know a lot of the Legend class was running 38-40's. That would push all of us into pro mod and most likely eliminate the legend class.....therefore creating the EXACT same problem there was at last year's event. There is no possible way I could compete with those pro mod buggies. :ugh:

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Why should the tire sizes be lowered if you're running 42's? I'm running 39's in legend and I know a lot of the Legend class was running 38-40's. That would push all of us into pro mod and most likely eliminate the legend class.....therefore creating the EXACT same problem there was at last year's event. There is no possible way I could compete with those pro mod buggies. :ugh:

I agree with tyler i think the tire size limits are just right and you dont want everyone falling into the same class, besides im going to be running the legends class in august and i will most likley be rolling on 35's

jswainthug

I am not looking to lower MY class. Just to spread thing out a little bit. Like WEROCK has it set up with 37" being legend. Atleat I think that is how they have it now? Like I said jut my .02

jswainthug

I agree with tyler i think the tire size limits are just right and you dont want everyone falling into the same class, besides im going to be running the legends class in august and i will most likley be rolling on 35's
If thats the case then you will be moving up a class, but not because of tire size! So this would not impact you.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Craig spent a lot of time getting the tire sizing as fair as it is today, and I'd really hate to see any of it change.

The difference between Old School and WEROCK is there are plenty of street legal trucks running around on 38" tires. I don't think forcing a street rig to run in Pro Mod or Unlimited based solely on tire size is very fair.

Personally I think it's a moot point, there's just not enough interest in a "monster" class to even have a class at all. One or two rigs showing doesn't make a class in my opinion. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong and have 6 or 8 show? I really like the rigs and if that happened, I'd be 100% behind them having their own class to run in.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I like a 4-truck minimum.

Tire sizes are fine, as has been said, lots of street rigs on 37"+ tires.

44" and up should qualify for monster class... since most of the rigs running those sizes and bigger these days are running Rockwells, which create their own unique height.. challenges. It's hard to build anything with Rocks that doesn't turn out enormous. :D

Craig S

Commando
smaller?
P6031000.jpg

That rig is awesome! Bring it out in August. I think that this is a good example of a Monster Buggy.

Craig S

Commando
The Monster Buggy class looks like it is shaping up like this:

44" tire size minimum
2.5 ton axles (Rockwells)
Bonus points (negative) for larger tires?