Monster Transmissions????

kungfufighter06

out of my way bitches!
I am getting ready to rebuild my transmission in my buggy. I have been looking around for a good rebuild kit and found Monster transmissions MONSTER IN A BOX kit.
Has anyone tried one of these kits or had any experience with them or monster as a company?

joshbmx1201

UAV MECHANIC
I would call randy at jimmys 4x4 and get a kit from him. hes got everything mild to wild. reviews on monster transmission stuff are very mixed making it hard to judge there quality.

UFAB

PRTC TRANSMISSION in provo ut. Can build anything, but Jimmys actually plays in the offroad industry, from experience

zukgod1

Senior crawler
If you are assembling it yourself the Monster stuff is great.
I wouldn't run a PRTC trans if it was given to me personally. The guys at Action Trans have fine a few for us and we've had good results.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I rebuilt my TH400 with the "monster in a box" kit along with a few other upgrades. Some of the clutches they sent were completely wrong. They couldn't identify them either, but they took care of me and sent new ones that were correct. I also had issues with the clutches / steels being too tight in my direct drum, so I had to order thinner steels (I don't blame monster transmission for that one). Overall, I liked the quality of their parts once I received the correct stuff...

B2-Bomber

PRTC TRANSMISSION in provo ut. Can build anything, but Jimmys actually plays in the offroad industry, from experience

+1 on PRTC, Gary is not only a friend of mine. But also hands down the smartest person when it comes to auto trannies in the country, and that's no joke.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Side from him using used parts in his rebuilds...
No really. More then one.

After the second one I won't go back and I'll tell everyone I know.

B2-Bomber

Interesting, he's the only one who could build a Trans to hold My 2,000 hp. No idea If he used any used parts though.

For obvious reasons (if you ever met him, you know what I mean) He doesn't do a lot of the builds himself. He hands it off to his flunkies.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Side from him using used parts in his rebuilds...
No really. More then one.

After the second one I won't go back and I'll tell everyone I know.

I was biting my tongue when PRTC was mentioned, but since I'm not the only one that's had trouble... He wanted to charge me well over 2x the cost of my converter (after it came apart) when it was NEW and AFTER he gave me a price quite for 1/3 the price of his final cost. He called me when it was ready and I had cash on me, a bit more than what he quoted me. He mentioned the price and I told him the money I had on me was all I had and he got pretty upset, mumbled something about "fu*king charity".

Fawk that guy and his shady business practices, the only recommendation I would make is for anyone to stay far away.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I've always liked Gary. Known him for 20+ years which makes him screwing me twice even more painful.

Still today I would stop in just too shoot the Shit with him but I'll never have him build another trans.