Montana - Exploring We Will Go

ttora4runner

Figured I'd share a few photo's with you all on a recent road trip I took though Montana. Not much in the way of 4-wheeling more or a bunch of two foot action on the trails. Still working though the 1700 photos I took :eek:.

Took a week off of work around Labor Day for the first vacation I had all summer and headed up to Craters of the Moon, Glacier National Park and a few ghost towns in between.

Craters of the Moon, Idaho

Lion City, Montana

This was the most 4-wheeling I got in the entire trip due to an issue with my front passenger shock.

Glacier National Park, Montana (3 days and roughly 50 miles of hiking and I only saw Yogi Bear once :D )

First morning in camp.

Garnet and Granite, Montana (ghost towns one is maintained by the BLM the other is not)

A little over 1700 miles of driving and my 4runner performed great besides my front shock issue. The only thing it needs is a supercharger for a little more go.
Worst MPG - 14
Best MPG - 19
Avg MPG - 16.5
Speeds were between 70-80 mph w/ and w/o a head wind

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm headed to Billings for work on Monday and had hoped to do some exploring while up that way. It doesn't look like that is going to happen but your pics are making me want to plan a trip. Thanks for sharing. That lake pic is soooo blue.

ttora4runner

I'm headed to Billings for work on Monday and had hoped to do some exploring while up that way. It doesn't look like that is going to happen but your pics are making me want to plan a trip. Thanks for sharing. That lake pic is soooo blue.

Just take a side detour on your way and take the back way into the 'sinks' state park or the pyor mountain area on the horder of wyoming and montana.

rholbrook

I got back a few weeks ago from MT on a fly fishing trek. My 23yr old daughter and 13 yr old son came with me and we fished from the Beaver Head near Dillon on over to Twin Bridges, Ennis and West Yellowstone fishing all the water enroute. We had a great trip. MT is where I want to retire. You really trekked north a ton if you went all the way to Glacier Love the pics

Last edited: