Montero on Kane Creek trail....

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Talked with Julie (I think that was her name) with the BLM down here in Moab and as of Nov last year it became her problem to solve on getting that junk montero off of Kanes creek trail.. she is looking for an organization to take the lead and get this done.... I told her that it has been mentioned on here and posible solutions have been discussed and she was wondering if we as a group would want to take this on for her....

From what I got is the montero is located 9 miles in from the hole in the rock entrance side. there are tons of dirt and rock inside it due to flash floods that filled that area. She is possible looking at a helicopter to pick this up and move it but might need to have it cut up into pieces....

So what say you all? are we up for this challenge?

She will be emailing me in the coming days with more info and contact info as well.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I imagine a VIN could still be found. Are they going to bill the owner for recovery? A Heli would not be cheap.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You may check with the National Guard for lifting the Montero out as a training exercise with UH60's. I got down that path years ago while trying to orchestrate an abandoned vehicle extraction alongside the USFS for NPLD. I doubt that the UH60 would require the truck to be chopped up.

gijohn40

the vin has been stripped off and long gone... as well as most the good stuff... this has been here since about labor day last year according to the blm...

last nights safetly meeting with the RR4W the sheriffs department said that they dispatch the helicopter out for dui stops and the drunk gets a $50 and a $1800 bill for the helio ride!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
the vin has been stripped off and long gone... as well as most the good stuff... this has been here since about labor day last year according to the blm...

last nights safetly meeting with the RR4W the sheriffs department said that they dispatch the helicopter out for dui stops and the drunk gets a $50 and a $1800 bill for the helio ride!

The VIN should be stamped on the front portion of the frame as well.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I've got a real good friend who is someone important at camp Williams. I put a bug in his ear about a helicopter. I doubt it will go too far, but he said he'd see what could be done.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
The VIN should be stamped on the front portion of the frame as well.

Yeah, modern vehicles have numerous VIN markings all over the place. Maybe someone here is familiar enough with Monteros to know all the spots to look for one? I'd love to find it and make sure the vehicle's owner gets tagged for the extraction costs.

gijohn40

the sheriffs department and the BLM know who was last owner... and they themself went out and stripped the vins... this way it can't be used on another vehicle under false pretenses...

A copter would be be great but lets not count on it... what other ways can we get this out? do we have enough people with room in their backs that if we went out and cut it up that we could put it in vehicles and haul back? I know my LJ has a good size room if I take the rear seat out. and unimog would you be able to carry anything on that beast? what options are there? list up some Ideas and see what we can come up with so I can tell the BLM what we have in plan and see what they say...