Moonbuggy build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
In the spirit of making RME great again I decided I will post the build thread for my new unlimited car. I sold my last car after nationals this last year and decided to step up to the unlimited class after having a few years of success in the promod. The plan was to finish the new car before this season started but one company made that impossible when they took 4 months to get me a wiring harness and computer. So the car is sitting 99% finished as I start this thread so hopefully I will be able to see this thread through until the end...... but probably not.

Specs are as follows:

Single seat JHF chassis

JHF portal axles with toyota 8" HP thirds

1.4 DI turbo motor from 2017 chevy cruze

904 trans

dana 300

PSC 3" Steering cylinders front and rear

42" BFG Krawler stickies

20" Raceline Beadlocks

20190914_162636.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Jesse Haines has been running them for years. Far as I know, problem free.

I'm pretty sure a few people have broken stock cv's and I think even a couple shafts but a ton of people run them and do super gnarly stuff so it's to be expected. especially when you consider guys are running 42+ with water and LS'

edit: if you haven't seen the shafts, it's ridiculous. Jesse showed me because I didn't believe they were smaller than a D30 but they totally are!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Builds dont happen over night guys and neither do build threads. I might have to go back and update the WJ thread