Mortgages

dutchman

KI7KSV
I've had two good experiences with Wane Workman @ Academy Mortgage, 801-244-6868. He got us set up with both our Utah and Idaho homes.

Had a really good experience with BoxHomeLoans.com during our last refi. Rates were good and support was great! I like doing all of the application and rate checking online. When time came to close, they sent someone with the paperwork out to our home to do the signing.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
DJ Gardner @ Primary Residential Mortgage
(435) 650-0830

He's the man. I've known him for a long time. Upstanding and honest guy. He's done two mortgages for me.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Had a really good experience with BoxHomeLoans.com during our last refi. Rates were good and support was great! I like doing all of the application and rate checking online. When time came to close, they sent someone with the paperwork out to our home to do the signing.

This.
I've done two refi's with them and the application process is way better than the others I've experienced.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I knew nothing about buying a house and a friend that has been in the business for 25+ yrs recommended Josh McBride to me His company is key west funding (801-682-4299) and he specializes in first time buyers. His wife is also a realtor and she did a great job helping me find a house.

He is local and a great resource. Tell him John Hall sent you if you talk to him.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Everyone and their dog has a realtor friend that they will recommend to you, and like 99% of them suck. Get a handful, and interview each of them to make sure you get the feel good vibes, and that you will get along with them. Using a buddy is also difficult when they screw up, and you have to fire them or get confrontational.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
When I bought my house back in 2003, my mother (who works for a bank in Ohio (where she lives)) helped set up an FHA mortgage for me. She was eager to do this so she could oversee the process and make sure I was treated well. Okay, whatever; everything went smoothly and I had no complaints.

Fast forward to 2009: I wanted to re-fi to drop PMI. My own casual research showed America First CU to have pretty competitive rates, so I walked in to my local branch and sat down with a loan officer. He led me through the paperwork process and it was just as easy and hassle-free as my original loan had been. Not a single complaint.

Fast forward again to 2017: my divorce forced me to re-fi again so I could cut a fat check to my ex. AFCU still had some of the best rates in town, so I went back in to repeat that process. It was again very easy and hassle-free (if not entirely painless). I was lucky enough to still be under 80% LTV and thus was able to avoid PMI.

I guess what I'm saying is the process ought to be pretty straightforward virtually anywhere you go. While I have been completely happy with AFCU, you could probably have a similar experience wherever you do your banking.