Motivatoinal highway poster

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
I was driving today and saw this poster about a girl the kept surfing even after having her whole arm eaten off by a shark.... I think the whole thing is bs. How do you paddle out with one arm? Wouldn't you just go in a circle?

I also think the one about a blind guy climbing Everest may be a sham. I bet the motivational poster people probably told the blind guy that he was climbing Everest, when in reality, they just had him in a walk in freezer with a treadmill and then photo shopped the picture. I mean, how would he ever know?

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
Speaking of motivational billboards, we need a real one that says:

I support with my wallet:
www.ohvfriendly.com

Or even a bumper sticker or something.
Back on track... They usually get me thinking for a minute... and thats about it.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I was driving today and saw this poster about a girl the kept surfing even after having her whole arm eaten off by a shark.... I think the whole thing is bs. How do you paddle out with one arm? Wouldn't you just go in a circle?

Try do a google search, like this

This is a good story

She is a true trooper and I have total respect for her. As a surfer I know how hard it can be. For her to keep doing what she loves even after losing an arm shows her determination and true talent for the sport. She is still one of the top women surfers out there. Hell she came in second in this years world championship.

Last edited:

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
Try do a google search, like this

This is a good story

She is a true trooper and I have total respect for her. As a surfer I know how hard it can be.

to get your arm eaten off by a shark and keep truckin? wow man I'm sorry I didn't know, I'll be more sensitive next time. That story is very motivational now that I read it, and now I feel like a total douche, one for accusing the one armed surfer girl to be a fraud, and doing it on a forum with an other one armed ex surfer. Sorry!

Mug

PHORmerly
The blind Everest climber bit reminded me of this:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hQgQQgExY0s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hQgQQgExY0s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
object%3E

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Ya east coast is not the best but they do have waves. NorEasters are good for kicking up some waves but they don't come till late in the season into fall. The only other time they get good waves is when a hurricane is down the coast toward the south or out at sea.

jdub

Scrambler
They get me to think too, I am unsure of the marketing involved and who benefits. Maybe that's not the point.

I'm a terrible surfer with two arms. But I have fun and that's the point.

I don't like the one that says "can we get ice cream after you paralyze us?" There has to be different ways to communicate the message.