motorcraft 2100 rebuild

grinch

inner city redneck
I installd a motorcraft 2100 on my jeep last year and it has ran great compared to the bbd. I have flopped and rolld the jeep a few to many times this last summer and think some of my adjustments may be off. I dont think i need to rebuild the carb. I just think the thing needs to be readjusted. Does anybody have the rebuild kit instructions to set the metering rod, fuel pump,floats, bla bla bla. I did a google search and couldent find a paper teling me the measurements on how to set these.
Instructions or a good website would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
What is it doing?
I have rebuilt a ton of them!!!!
I always set it by experience, never use the little measuring thingy they give you.
The rebuild kit is less than $15, just rebuild it, never hurts. PM me and I can give you a hand.

grinch

inner city redneck
I just fixed a couple of vacume leaks and it has helpd out a tone. Its still has a hard time idoling when it is cold but that could be due to the fact it dosent have a choke..... Also when I romp on the gas it wants to cut out for a couple of seconds then runs ok.
I figure it has to be carburator problems.... Maybe I will bite the bullet and buy the rebuild. Thanks.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
They don't like to run cold, thats pretty normal.
There are different holes on both ends of the accelerator pump linkage. Experiment with moving them around until you get the desired hard acceleration characteristics you want. Or, depending on how long it has been in there, or if it sat for a long time(dry), the accelerator pump diaphram can start to leak.
Marc