Movie Review: Hard Candy

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Everyone should go rent this. Moved my sympathies around a surprising amount, given the fact that I would happily beat pedophiles to death with hammers for the asking. Excellent acting, damn fine cinematography, and no real dull spots. I watch waaaaaay too many movies every year, so the fact that this wasn't 100% predictable earns it high marks. I give it a 4.87219 out 5. Marks off for having Sundance Leaves. ;)

here's a link to the trailer: http://imdb.com/title/tt0424136/trailers

Meat_

Banned
Very good movie. I hadn't ever heard of it, then I noticed whatsherface was in it, she was in one season of Trailer Park Boys and I was impressed with her acting in that so I decided to give this movie a watch.

The following day I watched Miami Vice :rolleyes:

It's amazing how talent + less than $1,000,000 can make a kick ass movie, but no talent + $135,000,000 can make utter trash.

Trivia for Hard Candy; It was filmed in 18 days. Has 5 actors, one extra and a picture of someone.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
It's amazing how talent + less than $1,000,000 can make a kick ass movie, but no talent + $135,000,000 can make utter trash.

Agreed. I watch movies all weekend when I'm on the east coast, and it never fails to amaze me how much money goes into such poor movies. Sad.