Moving to WVC...got a couple questions...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
So I’m closing on a house in West Valley on the first and it’s my understanding that I have to get my mandatory neck and or face tattoo before I can move in. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good face tattoo artists?

...also, need to delete the one car garage and put up a massive garage on the .25 acre lot...anyone built recently? Familiar with the zoning crap?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Where abouts is the place? I'm on the wvc side of 7200 out by Carl. I guess I missed the face tat requirements but that might be more of a neighborhood code thing.

The furthest I got with building is to find out that under 200 sqft doesnt require a permit and that I dont have enough land to put a shipping container on it long term, not that that helps you though. Check the wvc city website. There is info there that will point you in the right direction.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I’m a couple blocks North Of Valley Fair Mall surrounded by old people...gonna be nice and quiet until they all die and the houses flip.

Ill have ave to dig deep into the city website because I have a ton of room behind the house and I have no intention of mowing all that damn grass. My last house was on a lot half the size with a similar footprint.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I've got .29 acres and have a lot of grass. A bunch of my neighbors have shops but I haven't been certain that we'll stay long enough to make the construction worth it. We really like our neighborhood but wouldn't mind getting closer to my wifes work. Good luck.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Don’t listen to Shawn, he lived in Kearns. North of the mall is pretty bad though. Keep your shit put away, and you’ll have no problems.
As far as a shop, as long as it’s detached you can build right up to the property line.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
We live in kearns about a block from wvc and havent had any issues in almost 9 years. All my neighbors go to Shawns neighborhood to steal stuff

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'll just leave this here.
c3ca9cfe881022f124c6c8ec46904026.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Lol I’ve been living in downtown SLC next to an “at risk youth” center a few blocks from hobo central for 6 years so I’m hoping for a little less drama. I grew up in Ogden so I learned to put shit away at an early age lol.

Don’t listen to Shawn, he lived in Kearns. North of the mall is pretty bad though. Keep your shit put away, and you’ll have no problems.
As far as a shop, as long as it’s detached you can build right up to the property line.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Zoning isn't so much city wide as it is neighborhood and how yours is zoned. Mine for example is A1, my building is 100% permitted and legit and in fact could have been even larger. Yet across the street they are R1 and have much larger setbacks, height restrictions and square footage restrictions for accessory buildings. I crawled through the zoning before I purchased to make sure my future plans were legit, all I had to do was a firewall on the south side as it was within x feet of the property line (and boy was that fortuitous) and pass normal building code stuff, drainage, concrete inspections, inspections, etc.