Moving

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
I came down to Las Vegas to see what the job market was like out here and less than a week later I've been hired and start in a couple weeks...I don't think I'll be coming back :rofl:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Yeah so whats the job, or what field are you in? You speak english.... your hired lol;)

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Well good luck with the heat and hope the job pays good enough to compensate for the cost of living down there.

No joke. My buddy was thinking about moving down there, he interviewed for a Civil Engineering job. They didn't offer him near enough to make up for what he was making here and living in the house he lives in now.

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
Considering that it will be my first "on my own" experience, is in the tech industry, much opportunity for advancement, etc it should be good. The cost of living is really played up by people on the outside. Gas is really break even out here (3.19 for chevron premium) which isn't much worse than UT. Car insurance will most likely be worse, food is fairly even, rent depends on how big of a place you want and how close it is to the strip (lol).

Basically I'm diggin the thought of making enough to pay the bills again and actually having a job. The job market for low-level techs was really stale in UT unless I wanted to drive an unruly commute each way to SLC. Like I said so far I'm liking it and I really think I won't be moving back.

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
Thanks BroncoMama. It is nice to finally make the move out from behind the Zion curtain :lauging:

I really don't see what people hate about Vegas. Yea houses and insurance are more expensive but that should come down with the fall of the housing market in general. Gas, beer, food, and the like are all on par or cheaper than back home. Hard liqour is much cheaper out here, go figure. Really if you can find a killer deal on a house/apartment/etc, plus you work well with computers, this place is a freakin gold mine. Just stay out of the north-east side of town...