Mud Flaps??

James K

NO, I'm always like this
nvrstsfyd said:
I would like to know how you guys even got fix it tickets? I got pulled over in Worst Valley twice in 2 days for no mudflaps, front plate & he did not think you could see my rear plate on the bumper well enough either. :mad2: The first time I was parked at the light & the officer was next to me and someone ran a red light right in front of us, he let him go & waited fot the light to change and pulled me over instead. :mad2: Then I called to see if I could get a fix it ticket they told me Worst Valley does not do fix it tickets. :mad2: I guess no mudflaps are more dangerous than someone speeding through a red light at a busy intersection. Ok I'm done I just wanted to vent!

wvc is a reveune(sp) city period.

nvrstsfyd

Donating Member
James K said:
wvc is a reveune(sp) city period.

Yes they are! I forgot to add that when I called to see what it was going to cost me they had added speeding also to the ticket. :mad2: So I had to go in and prove other wise.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
nvrstsfyd said:
Yes they are! I forgot to add that when I called to see what it was going to cost me they had added speeding also to the ticket. :mad2: So I had to go in and prove other wise.

sounds about par.

I try not to support wvc tax base at all anymore.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
RedRock5.9 said:
I'd be really interested in seeing those, I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a way to put decent mud flaps on with the Trailready, and the Trailready leaves all but the top 1" of my tires exposed. :ugh:

Here's a pic of the one's I built for my old Jeep. I would never have put them on, but the new owner insisted ;)

total cost was about $30. $20 for the flaps at Checker and $10 in material. They're removeable for wheeling (if needed).

140.jpg

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Let me see if I can explain them without close-up pics...

I welded a piece of square tube to the side of the tow reciever. Then I took another piece of square tube that slides over the piece that I welded on. A bolt secures the two pieces together. All you do is unbolt the bolt and slide them off.