murphy's law, TBI issue's.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Many know that I have been fighting fuel injection issue's for many years...

I first tried MAF and could never get it running right. .so went with TBI and I'm still having problems.

Its running insanely rich... I have replaced the coolant temp sensor, MAP sensor, O2 sensor, and they test good (not sure of the o2 sensor tho)

Today I messed with running codes with some help from friends on Facebook... and I'm not getting any trouble codes...so I unpluged the TPS and map and coolant sensor, the only code I got was 34 (map sensor) with the same results again and again..

So I hooked everything back up and tried a different computer and was still running rich. .so I unpluged the coolant temp sensor wile it was running and it turned my check engine light on, so I turned it off and ran codes again and got a code 15 (coolant temp sensor) Plugged it back in and again, no codes.

Fuel pressure is at 12psi (sweet spot is 14-18)

I'm not 100% I have the harness wired up correctly. .but I can't seem to find anything wrong, but could be blind to the problem. .

Now, to put in prospective how rich it runs...I burned up 2 gallons in a total run time of around 30 mins....

I'm at a total loss...and so sick of messing with it...and ideas?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Would it help to run it against another 5.7L TBI setup to see if they are running similarly? If so, glad to bring my out and we can compare it. (might have to be a couple weeks as we are moving and that will be my focus for a while)

B2-Bomber

Mitch, i know you dont want to. But TBI is something i know more than anyone. Especially when it comes to TBI swaps onto non TBI/Chevy rigs. Bring it to me. I 100% promise i will find the problem. I also 100% promise i will find it for a 1hr. Diagnosis fee or less. I also have several spare tbi setups/parts on the shelf that i can swap parts between.

You've got my number, hit me up.

Last edited:

broncomitch

Hard to say..sense the firing order's are different. .

Can't hurt tho!

Ill be taking The bronco to the auto expo for most of next week,
From Wednesday - Sunday or Monday. .
So your good lol

broncomitch

I actually wanted to send it to you. Lol
Tho am a little nervous, only a very select few have worked on the bronco lol
But wanted to save up a few hundred bucks before I sent it over to you...
When can I drop it off?

broncomitch

Awsome!
Well I'm loading it up tomorrow for a trip to the car wash, (make her all pretty for the auto expo) so can drop it off tomorrow or Monday after work..

B2-Bomber

I have someone having a WJ towed in tomorrow afternoon too. So i was planning on being at the shop to meet the tow truck tomorrow afternoon at least for a little bit anyway.

B2-Bomber

Yeah. I won't get there until then. And im only going to be there to receive yours, and that WJ. then I'm going home. I'll have to start yours Monday.

B2-Bomber

Yep, a good half of my customers request to not even use the O2 sensor. I did a tbi swap for a guy last week without an O2 who drove it all the way shop home to nephi. He didn't have any issues, and actually was pleased with how much better it ran

broncomitch

He worked his magic had a bunch of little problem's adding up to one big one.. but I need to take it back again..I neglected to install the EST module and need to replace my timing cover so we can properly time it.. also going to add the 454 TB and need to replace my FPR and install a vss and need a chip burnt, with the cam I have I'm low on vacuum so it's messing with my MAP sensor..
On the right track and in no time rob will get her running grate..

and if not I'm putting a 7.3 in it lol