My 2 yeard old and a dresser

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
So on Thursday night I go down stairs to get some ice so I and have a drink and on my way upstairs I hear a loud crash. I drop the ice and start to push my oldest boy out of the way. Cayla is right behind me and we get to my son’s room and find a 50 to 75 lb dresser on top of ZZ. (his real name is Isaac but we call him ZZ) Apparently he had tried to climb up the dresser and pulled it down on top of himself. I found the drawers in all sorts of hard to define angles and a small child screaming. The dresser went for a flight across the room and as I picker ZZ up. Cayla starts to yell call 911 but she is the one with the phone in her hand. So I say “then call them”. She comes to her senses and dials 911 then hands the phone to me. I tell the operator what happened and after a short wait the paramedics show up 3 in an ambulance and 3 in a fire truck. Shortly after that 3 Davis County Sherriff’s officers arrive that also paramedics. A total of 9 strangers in the house thank god it was clean.

The paramedics take a look at ZZ and decide that he needs to be transported. so at 2 years old ZZ gets his first ride in an ambulance. I got my first ride in one also. We arrive at Davis County hospital and they do X-Rays and a CT-Scan. It is decided that he may have upwards of 65% of his left lung bruised and they transport him to the trauma unit at Children’s Primary. Cayla rode down with ZZ this time and I went home to watch the other 2 kids. Thankfully the neighbor was nice enough to come over and see if she could help. By the time I got home Cora was fast asleep and the neighbor was helping pick up the toys that her daughter and David had pulled out.

Cayla calls me about 1100 pm and says that are releasing them to come home and that ZZ will be fine. The trauma doc stated that what the Doc at Davis Hospital saw was the shoulder blade but it was better to make sure everything was ok by a Pediatric Trauma Doc instead of just assuming he was fine. We took ZZ in yesterday just for a follow up and the pediatric doc says the reason he is not eating is jus because the trauma has thrown him off of his game, but he is acting like a 2 year old is suppose to so he should be fine and be back to his terrible self here soon.

So all in all the dresser is now in the closet where it can’t fall and everyone is fine but for a couple of good goose eggs on his head and a lots of bruises all over him.

scootrrydr

Wow, crazy story....glad ZZ will be alright. The terrible 2's are just like they say. Well that is how my 2 little hurricane's are....or were. Mine are 6 and 8 and I thought it was going to be easier....not really.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Dang. That's a scary deal. Glad he's OK. Now that you know he's a climber, make sure there aren't any TVs he can pull down on himself, a lot of little kids die that way.

sixb

Will work for beer!
One day I caught my boy climbing a book case so I proceeded to bolt everything to the wall after that.
Glad to here ZZs going to be ok.

redneckbronco

Glad to hear hes alright! I cringe everytime I find my boys climbin up furniture, one the guys I went to school with recently lost his 2 yr old to a bookshelf that was not fastened to the wall. Boy got half way up when it fell and crushed him. My book shelves entertainment center n what nots are fastend or off limits to my boys or at least my youngest.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Had this happen to my daughter with a bunch of her friends in the room. It would have landed on all of them but luckily whoever tried to climb up it had pulled out the bottom drawer which was full of books and it made the dresser stop at a 45 degree angle. Glad to hear he is ok. The hospital bills will be haunting you for some time.

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
The hospital bills will be haunting you for some time.

That is one thing that is good about the military with Tricare we are covered 100%. The medical is the only reason I have stayed in for 15 and plan on retiring the pay sucks but it is a guaranteed job and it has good medical insurance