My Birthday trip to Moab

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
We left Thurs Oct. 2nd and arrived in Moab in the early afternoon. We decided to leave the buggy on the trailor and take my Parents Rhinos out for a quick trip through Hells Revenge. These things do really well on the Moab rocks and they are really fun. The girls really liked riding in the back seats. We ran the whole trail, including the overlook where my girls got out and played on the rocks a little bit. The only near mishap was that we forgot to check the gas on one of the rhinos. It just barely made it back to the trailor sputtering as we loaded it.

Here are some pics from day 1:

My 1yr old, Ashleigh excited to get going
P1160158.jpg

Ashleigh and my 2yr old Brooklyn strapped in and ready to go
MoabJustinb-dayOct08004.jpg

My 9yr old Natascha ready to ride with Grandma and Grandpa
MoabJustinb-dayOct08016.jpg

Some other shots from the day
P1160167.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08018.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08019.jpg

P1160170.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08025.jpg

P1160197.jpg

P1160204.jpg

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
This is the squeeze at the end of Hells. I scraped the rollbar a little but my Dad had made it through without scraping.

P1160209.jpg

P1160211.jpg

Brooklyn after the trail

P1160219.jpg

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
On day 2 we got up and ate the excellent:rolleyes: continental breakfast at the Rodeway Inn. By the time we finished breakfast, it was already about 10AM(things always go a little slower with the little munchkins:))We decided it was time to have some real fun so... My wife Jenn, Natascha, my Dad and I decided to head over to Pritchett. The younger girls stayed in town with Grandma. I hate leaving Moab without doing Pritchett. I think it is THE must do trail in Moab. It was a pretty uneventful day, but tons o' fun as usual. We saw all the Idaho rigs from the Planet 4x4 and we did see Mbryson and Greg in his very nice TJ.

Here are the pics
MoabJustinb-dayOct08062.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08064.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08052.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08058.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08096.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08097.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08098.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08100.jpg

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
MoabJustinb-dayOct08101.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08102.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08103.jpg

This little guy looks ferocious
MoabJustinb-dayOct08128.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08134.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08135.jpg

A video of Rocker knocker. This obstacle always messes with my head:eek: Finally got it on the 3rd or 4th time:p

[YOUTUBE]dlTT5UEmu24[/YOUTUBE]

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Day 3 We got up on the earlier side. It was time for some wet & nasty Coyote action!(because it was raining) Unfortunately it was just me and my Dad on Coyote and neither of us got out of the rig so no pics But, after Coyote we ran over to Helldorado to meet up with Greg and the Idhoans or the Idahodians or I guess I'll just say The people from Idaho:p. Even though it was raining it wasn't to cold and we had a good time watching the other rigs. Greg gave a valiant attempt at the Waterfall. We passed this time.There will always be another time. We will do it. Well maybe:sick:

MoabJustinb-dayOct08148.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08149.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08150.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08151.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08159.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08161.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08165.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08167.jpg

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Day 4 was the day we were heading home:( but not before a good Jailhouse breakfast and a quick jaunt through Rusty Nail, or so we thought. We decided to take both rhinos and the buggy on the trail. I, of course would be driving the buggy;) Jenn would drive one Rhino and my Dad the other. The rhinos did well, we had to tug them up the first 2 obstacles so they slowed us down a little.

The girls once again, had a grand time. Thank goodness I have girls who like 4 wheeling. They take after there Mom!

It started pouring rain and got a little cold late afternoon, But we kept the girls warm and they were OK. The trail took longer than we thought and we didn't get back to the trailors until well after the sun had set. But it was well worth it. This is one of the most scenic trails in Moab I think. The overlook is amazing!

P1160404-1.jpg

P1160405-1.jpg

P1160491-1.jpg

P1160503.jpg

P1160518-1.jpg

P1160568.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08235.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08218.jpg

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
P1160546.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08268.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08250.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08262.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08279.jpg

MoabJustinb-dayOct08291.jpg

Brooklyn helping strap down the buggy. Sooo cute!
MoabJustinb-dayOct08297.jpg

I dont remember double whammy being quite this easy in my YJ or TJ:confused::D
[YOUTUBE]B1twd6jTfT4[/YOUTUBE]
I thought this was funny. Dancin' on the trail!
[YOUTUBE]ipJCouc7CfM[/YOUTUBE]

LT.

I think that you passed by us on Pritchett. I was with a group that included ChestonScout, Turbosniper, Spruiett, and a couple of new friends, Mike and his brother Steven. I was unable to get my junk up the last hill before Rocker Knocker. Stupid beater anyways. It does look like you had a good time. Your daughter dancing was cute.

LT.

Bart

Looks like a great trip. I see more and more of the Rhino rigs out on the trails. I had one friend sell his rig and get two so his family would fit better (7 all together). Looks like fun was had by all.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I think that you passed by us on Pritchett. I was with a group that included ChestonScout, Turbosniper, Spruiett, and a couple of new friends, Mike and his brother Steven. I was unable to get my junk up the last hill before Rocker Knocker. Stupid beater anyways. It does look like you had a good time. Your daughter dancing was cute.

LT.

Yeah, I remember seeing you guys! I loved seeing so many of you all on the trail. It makes it alot more fun if theres a few people on the trail to meet!