my blown rear diff....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I don't think the welds got enough heat to make em stick so the diff started differentiating and while I was trying to get up wayne's world on constrictor it blew....check it!!

blowndiff.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by brian
.........that really sucks......nothing much more you can say....:(

I got spares...no biggy....I can't rationally justify gearing and locking my d-44s until I am out of zuk axle parts....this is just another step.... :)

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
did you torch the spiders untill they were glowing before you welded? Or did you just weld really hot? The torch is the key from what I hear... takes the coating off the gears...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Andy welded it, it was pretty hot but we didn't torch it first. It just needed a lot more welding is my guess. We didn't fill in the teeth inbetween the gears either so when it broke free it spun till it blew to pieces....Bobdog was witness to that one....I was asking for it on wayne's world...;)

terrymac

Originally posted by Shawn
FYI, Waynes World has nothing to do with Constrictor. ;)

Where is Wayne's World? I have an idea where Constrictor is, and I have bee through Rattlesnake up to the tailings. Where is it in relation to them?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by terrymac

Where is Wayne's World? I have an idea where Constrictor is, and I have bee through Rattlesnake up to the tailings. Where is it in relation to them?

it is kind of off the beaten path and hard to find if you don't have a guide. as you turn off to go to constrictor, you look on the right side and you can see a bunch of mowed down sage on a seldom used path, you follow this up to the north east and then you hit a nice waterfall that you crest and head back towards the trail and on up to constrictor.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
(Strong bad voice) Well you need to weld it like this next time BBBUUUUZZZZZZ and BBBBBBUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BUZZ....BUZZ. and you should be ok....ok. (Strong bad voice off):D :D

Better luck next time, time to liquify everything in the case.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Andy
(Strong bad voice) Well you need to weld it like this next time BBBUUUUZZZZZZ and BBBBBBUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. BUZZ....BUZZ. and you should be ok....ok. (Strong bad voice off):D :D

Better luck next time, time to liquify everything in the case.

dude....are you ok..... we will just top it off with moulten steel next time....I got another one if we wanna try again?!?

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by spencurai

dude....are you ok..... we will just top it off with moulten steel next time....I got another one if we wanna try again?!?

I'll use the rose bud tip this time, just to make sure I can get the case cherry red before:D , any time your ready Spence.

samizook

I didn't use the torch either.:( Did you weld your gears to the carrier? I was able to get through my first trip with this locker. Hopefully it will hold up for desert mountain on memorial.:confused:
I guess we'll see!

jp008

Well,
Spence I just got my "new" legs for the sami today. I started to get them cleaned up so the rebuild process can begin. You say you want to use up all your sami stuff before you install your 44's. I guess that's the advantage of having 3 of them. All the stuff from the Purple thing will be going under the tin top so I can make room for THESE.