my brother just bough an 84 rust bucket 2-door XJ

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
my brother just bought an 84 rust bucket XJ from a guy down in SLC. man i have never seen any jeep that rusty and i have seen a lot of jeeps, it has the 2.8 v-6 in it and it drove itself back to ogden all by itself.........barely:rolleyes: anyway that sucker was cheap as dirt and it is going to be the local bitch car now!! we are gonna chop the fenders out and hit all the rust spots with the wire grinder attachment and then weld up the d-30 ass end and throw some cheap 31x10.5 mudders on there!! for the price he paid for the thing he will get his money back out of it from the yard when the time comes!! can you say BEATER!!!!!! pix coming soon, we hope to break some high jump records at tough truck competetions!!! as soon as it is light i will get some pix of the beater!!! getting it home was an excercise in patience, it sounds like it is only running on 4 or 5 cylinders so it needs a tune up and the carb needs to get cleaned out for sure!! the funny part was when we tried to put the auto tranny in gear and the torque convertor was grinding and throwing a fit, upon further inspection it was bone dry in the tranny so a few quarts of fluid (3 quarts) it was dandy then the hood flew open going over the 4th south overpass and he almost wrecked into the wall on the side of the road trying to pull over, i almost rear ended him because i was laughing so hard i couldn't see through the tears of laughter, then the chunks of rust/pain started to peel off and hit my explorer as i was following him!! ohh what an adventure, sorry about the length but this was a good night!! we always like to acquire new junk!!! :D :rolleyes:

MattL

im sorry to say that when you do your tune up I dont think you will notice much of a performace increase as them motors SUCK. My vacum cleaner can put out more h.p than my old cherokee with the 2.8 in it.
hehe just a comment. Anyway have fun and beat the crap out of it. Would like to see some digital video of the high jump competion though:)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i dont have a video grabber yet but my brother other brother does on his titanium g-4 laptop. we will get the thing running better!!