My CNC drawing machine!

muleskinner

Wow with that tube I could see how a vertical bender (and no ceiling) would be a an advantage. I'm sure with my horizontal bender I would have to support the far end of the tube pretty well somehow to minimize twisting.

I like my vertical bender a lot more than my old horizontal. The only draw back is, I had to wait for the weather to bend those two pieces outside the garage. Other than that it's awesome.

The other thing I really like is Bend Tech. It took me a little while to get used to it, but it is a huge time and tube saver now, as I'm sure you know.

STAG

On my grind
Yep I have bendtech pro for tubing and assemblies and bendtech SM for sheetmetal/plate work. I can design what I want and send the dxf file to Carl and he can cut them out, makes it nice. Someday ill have my own plasma table. And fwiw when I built my shop I didn't build it big enough and a lot of my fab work is weather dependant also. :( I either usually have to have my jeep or my bender outside the garage door. Luckily, both are on wheels ha

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Gave Carl some more .DXF files to cut out, this time a 14ga stainless gas tank.
A quick edge clean up with a sanding disc on the angle grinder and the parts were nice and clean and TIG welded great.

gastank1_zps59d2dee4.jpg

IMG_0721_zps2b20faef.jpg

IMG_0712_zps5cd6c082.jpg

IMG_0730_zps8a8e22a8.jpg

IMG_0733_zps3405a34a.jpg

scrogg

Enjoying the Drive
Hey Carl, do you by chance still have the dxf files that I sent you a while back for the license plate bracket that I made? Have a friend that wants to build one but with slight modification.

Thanks.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Hey Carl, do you by chance still have the dxf files that I sent you a while back for the license plate bracket that I made? Have a friend that wants to build one but with slight modification.

Thanks.

Sure do! I just Emailed them back to you. :) (assuming your Email address is the same....)

scrogg

Enjoying the Drive
Sweet, thanks. I got a new computer at work and didn't save them from the previous. If I modify them and send them back, do you by chance have any 10 gage sheet on hand and a price for cutting out the 2 pieces and bending another?

The modifications will be in revising wheel lug pattern and illumination light mounting hole, it may go away altogether.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Sweet, thanks. I got a new computer at work and didn't save them from the previous. If I modify them and send them back, do you by chance have any 10 gage sheet on hand and a price for cutting out the 2 pieces and bending another?

The modifications will be in revising wheel lug pattern and illumination light mounting hole, it may go away altogether.

Yup, gotcha covered.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The easiest place to begin designing that, would be at the end. ;) I have the file for it...looks like this, but in .dxf:

Attachments

• Deer Head.jpg
    Deer Head.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 21