My CNC drawing machine!

Caleb

Will you be able to cut aluminum? (say 1/8") If so, want to make some money? :D I've got the dxf file already.

Bob B

Carl,
You need to post pic of the whole table, so these peeps can see all the work you have done just to get it to the point it's at now.

I'm super excited to cut some metal! I think its BADAZZ!

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
You are slowly assembling a complete fab shop!
I am going to have to stop by and take a look at things. The kids are dying for an excuse to come over there and play again anyway!

I have a few questions about the willys as well...

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Carl,
You need to post pic of the whole table, so these peeps can see all the work you have done just to get it to the point it's at now.

I'm super excited to cut some metal! I think its BADAZZ!

I'll work on your pictures tonight.

You are slowly assembling a complete fab shop!
I am going to have to stop by and take a look at things. The kids are dying for an excuse to come over there and play again anyway!

I have a few questions about the willys as well...

Let's do it!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Well you might as well leave it in then because as soon as the monsoon season ends snowmobile season will start. :D ;)

That's what I'm afraid of! :(

I got some pretty poor pictures of the table...I couldn't get far away enough to get good ones, since I have a lot of stuff packed in the area. Need to organize and find more space....

Overall shot, you can see the swingout keyboard/monitor shelf and the HDPE skids on the front for easier loading. The water tray is 4" deep:

IMG_2384.jpg

The CNC interface box mounted underneath:

IMG_2386.jpg

Air dryer. Hope this sucker works, or I'll have to buck up for a refrigerated dryer unit:

IMG_2387.jpg

This is the back of the X axis carriage, where the Z axis mounts:

IMG_2385.jpg

The end of the gantry, the Y axis drive. It's mirrored on the other end:

IMG_2388.jpg

My homebrew magnetic breakaway torch mount on the Z axis. Another thing I hope works as well in practice as it does in my mind:

IMG_2383.jpg

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Magnetic mount on the torch head eh...?
Genius!

FYI, I hope to have a DXF ready for you after Delta. :greg:

Nice job Carl. I have garage envy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My favorite part is the wallpaper on the monitor. ;)

That table is beyond awesome. Meticulous work Carl. I can't wait to see it cut things! :D