my crazy idea....

pELYgroso

'Merica
so, I picked up this wildernest camper shell the other day and I've been mulling over the idea of grafting the pop-up portion onto a cherokee. Has anybody ever seen something like this done? The canvas is in great shape but the fiberglass lower section is in pretty poor shape. If it would fit, i'd try and mount the pop-up portion onto the cherokee but only cut a hole about the size of the cargo area of the cherokee to climb up from. If it doesn't fit, it'll probably need to find a new owner. I don't really want it on my ford. What do you all think?

Attachments

• wildernest.jpg
    wildernest.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 52

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What is that, like a Flip-pac? DO EEET.

If you don't want it, I really really do. That needs cut out and grafted to the top of my 4Runner shell in a really bad way.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Can somebody measure their XJ top for me? I drove by this thing for a week before stopping and I thought it was a 6' topper but it turns out that it fits oto my full size ford bed perfect! The shell top is about 7' long. I hope it fits. It for sure wouldn't fit onto a 4runner top... but I thought the same thing!

pELYgroso

'Merica
it hinges open to the side and is pretty huge inside when its open! It needs to be cleaned out and Im sure I'll need to seal the seams, etc. but I got it for freeeeee!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
My neighbor has a wildernest camper. I have been trying to get him to sell it to me for years. They are sweet.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
theres a guy selling one on KSL for an MJ right now. As much as i want it, i know wnot wont get the use i think it will, and itll probably get smashed up in the rocks

pELYgroso

'Merica
so, this won't fit on an XJ, and I don't want a camper on my truck so I need to get rid of it. $50 anybody? It has no glass and a section under the longer window on the P side need to be fixed. It sits and rides fine on a long bed truck though! If you don't want to fix the fiberglass, you can still use it as-is!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
so, this won't fit on an XJ, and I don't want a camper on my truck so I need to get rid of it. $50 anybody? It has no glass and a section under the longer window on the P side need to be fixed. It sits and rides fine on a long bed truck though! If you don't want to fix the fiberglass, you can still use it as-is!

I will probably absolutely maybe give you $50 for that. I've never seen a Wildernest in person, what glass is missing where? Can you post up or text me some pics of the parts that need repair?