My first day start's tomarrow...DO or DIE

O'neal

?????????
I'm quitin,I have had it!!!!....Been hooked since '93 and I'm tired of smokin nasty cig's,waste my money,make me stink and make me feel like crap.I figure if I dont They will get me sooner than later and the kid's and wife want me too so I'm GOING to do it for them and myself,gonna live....Goin cold.

Any ex-smoker's around here have any tip's/advice,Thank's and wish me luck.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
not all that hard just stop buying them.its really that easy.its proven nicotine only stays in your system for 48 hours or some crap like that.

sbr

Once you decide you REALLY want to doit its not that hard but dont drag it out just stop and be done with it . I have been off them for 10 years now also.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
December 5, 2000 Smoke free since then. That was the first day of my new life.

I smoked for 18 years.... what the hell was I thinking..........:eek:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I quit 5 months ago and haven't looked back. I used Chantrix just to make it quick and easy for myself. Haven't wanted to smoke at all.

Best thing for me during the process was to just avoid areas where I would smoke and such. And, stop buying them now!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You should carry a tube of toothpast with you. When you get that tast in your mouth, brush your teeth. You'll feel better. That's the easy part. The hard part and most important is you need to stay away from others around you that still smoke. Get away from the temptation, and you will have no problem. Some times it helps to replace the habbit too. Try replacing the smokes with a toothpick or sucker. Good luck.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You should carry a tube of toothpast with you. When you get that tast in your mouth, brush your teeth. You'll feel better. That's the easy part. The hard part and most important is you need to stay away from others around you that still smoke. Get away from the temptation, and you will have no problem. Some times it helps to replace the habbit too. Try replacing the smokes with a toothpick or sucker. Good luck.

I remember my parents quitting when I was really young. The thing that helped them was to carry a mug of water around and would sip out of a straw anytime they had an urge to smoke. They said it helps cure the habit of just having something like that in your mouth as well. Worth a try!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
not all that hard just stop buying them.its really that easy.its proven nicotine only stays in your system for 48 hours or some crap like that.

Mabey so, but its the oral fixation that can be hard to break... hence the gum, straws, toothpaste, etc. You need to condition youself into relearning the oral fixation, and then slowly move away from that. That said, I was never hooked on smokes... but I did quite wetting the bed :D

GOOD LUCK! What a great decision to make... you'll never hear a former smoker wishing they hadn't stopped... must be something too it :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You need to condition youself into relearning the oral fixation, and then slowly move away from that. That said, I was never hooked on smokes... but I did quite wetting the bed :D

And that had something to do with you relearning your oral fixation? :confused:
Sicko...

Meat_

Banned
Mabey so, but its the oral fixation that can be hard to break... hence the gum, straws, toothpaste, etc. You need to condition youself into relearning the oral fixation, and then slowly move away from that. That said, I was never hooked on smokes... but I did quite wetting the bed :D

GOOD LUCK! What a great decision to make... you'll never hear a former smoker wishing they hadn't stopped... must be something too it :D

:ugh: AKA Mental addiction.