My first time

utahxjer

My wife has probably rode in ours twice since we had DW on Redwood Road at probably 55mph, it was the worst I ever had it, we thought the axle was gonna come undone, lol. That was probably 3 years ago.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i had dw so bad it broke the tracbar and a motor mount let go so the oil filter broke open on the uniframe... i didn't even notice the oil thing, good thing i stopped soon after or my motor would have been toast.
went to leaf springs and never going back

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I had it once in my old ZJ cause my front tires weren't balanced very well--but it wasn't particularly deathly. Other than that, I've never had it on any of my 3 ZJ's.

Bone Down

Cody - My younger brother has acquired a setup ZJ as of lately, and he has DW badly, think you could toss some ideas my way; to check on in order to help him make it go away?

He says it happesn mostly around 45+ mph.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Caleb

I've never experienced DW on any of my jeeps till I lifted my 04 TJ, it was check your pants scary :eek: I adjusted the alignment and that pretty much got rid of it, went and had an alignment done and I've not had it at all since. :cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've never experienced DW on any of my jeeps till I lifted my 04 TJ, it was check your pants scary :eek: I adjusted the alignment and that pretty much got rid of it, went and had an alignment done and I've not had it at all since. :cool:

That's been my experience if I had ALL my bolts tight in my suspension. I get a vibration in the 'YJ', but it's NO WHERE NEAR death wobble. (it does suck, but death wobble is pretty scary---it's happened to my wife a few times on her stocker ZJ---it's either the alignment or loose suspension components)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The first time is always special, I hope it was everything you wanted it to be. :eek: :p

I love the look you get from the people going the other direction when you're getting DW, they're staring at you like they can't believe what they're seeing.

I haven't had a case of DW for years, but my 4Runner tie rod is getting more & more bowed in, causing some real back & forth in the steering wheel. Not nearly DW, but it needs to be addressed.

troutbum

cubi-kill
lol, I hear people talk all the time about DW, you can right away tell those that have had THE DW and those who have just had a wobble.:rofl: :rofl:

Unicorn

'90 Yota
I got it about two years after I lifted my xj. I just recently had to replace a broken Track bar, two ball joints, a blown seering stabilizer, three wheel studs on one wheel(that was a little scary) and a tie rod end because of it. Prior to replacing all those parts I had aligned it mutiple times as well as balanced my tires. It stayed through four different sets of tires, two sets of 31's, a set of 32's and a set of 33's.

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Well no wonder it was wiggly....the four bolts that hold the body side track bar mount were ALL loose. Guess it had been seeing some stress. Took them all out, cleaned it and then reinstalled with some red Lock Tite. Drives like I just drove it off the lot now ;)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well no wonder it was wiggly....the four bolts that hold the body side track bar mount were ALL loose. Guess it had been seeing some stress. Took them all out, cleaned it and then reinstalled with some red Lock Tite. Drives like I just drove it off the lot now ;)

I put a few weld beads on that piece.