My friend is an idiot!

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
Ok so my friend was over at my house yesterday evening to have a cigarette and ask some advice from me. Well after a short discussion he decides to leave to miss the night-time construction. About 5 minutes later I receive a call that he has been pulled over and knows he has multiple warrants (unserved cort dates) and a suspended license (yes I know he's an idiot at this point already and I did nag him about it all the time). Well at this point he tells me that if they try to get him out of the car he's going to run and I told him repeatedly not to and that it will be the end of our friendship if he does.

I did not hear from him the rest of the night or all day today and look what I find on KSL.com today: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1195228

Should I write him in prison to let him know that he's an idiot and don't want to see him ever again or be a friend and try to help him move down the right path while in prison and after getting out?

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
What drives me nuts about that the most is that he was starting to clean up his act and was actually about to get promoted at work *sigh* I think I'll make one visit to him when he's in POTM to tell him how stupid he is and let that be the last of it.

Meat_

Banned
Do you really want to hang out with someone who isn't bright enough to use his blinker while driving with no license and several warrants?

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
yakinaked: At this point I'll wait to see what happens in court. I'm sure he'll be in state pen after this one
Meat_: Probably not.

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Mistimeaner (sp) turned Felony?
That's a dumb ass that aint smart enough to be a good friend.
I hope he don't have a wife and/ or kids that depend on him. :mad:

utahxjer

Eh, your buddy will be out on bail in no time, if he hasn't already. Did he tell you why he wanted to run? Crazy bugger, and his car is toast!

Chased a guy down on foot myself yesterday.... Contrary to popular belief, officers work out now days and most are ready for a pursuit.

Last edited:

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
Yea, sounds like your buddy is pretty messed up right now. BUT. . .the dude came to you for advice. At least he is thinking about some kind of change right? What happens if you kick him to the curb after one last visit in prison? He'll probably downward spiral and one day, when he does get out, he will become an even bigger burden on society when he decides to drink and drive again, or run from police again, or whatever else he decides to do. For me, friends are family. If your friend screws up, you need to be there for him. This dude doesnt seem like a guy that loves being told what to do, but you are in a great position to offer him support, to invoke change in his life. With your hand on his back, maybe you can turn him around. Just my .02 obviously, but if this dude TRUELY is your friend, then help him out. ;)

StrobeNGH

no user title
I told him if he ran it was the last time we talked. After thinking about it I'm sticking to that.

I agree with Nvrstuk.

It sounds like your friend has made a desperate cry for help. Turning your back on him is your choice, but this just may be the time he needs you the most.