My Heros

Budbeater

Broken Down and Smokin'
I want to offer a special thanks to several members here who just might have saved my life.

Last week I posted up a want add for a "Steering Knuckle" for a Dana 60. Showing great restraint several members took the time to help me pull my head out of my butt and educate me as to what I was really asking for and what type of axle I had.

It turns out that I needed a steering arm for my Dana 60 (Kingpin type not balljoint type).

A couple of generous members stepped up and offered me the correct piece. A special thanks to Smashmetal who made an out-of-his-way trip to get the part into my hands. Thanks I owe you big time, if not you I will pay this forward.

Saturday I had the arm put on my truck. Come to find out the old arm had a crack in it where the bolt from the drag link goes through. I can't say for sure but that arm was likely just a pothole or two away from failure. If that had happened at speed...

Thanks again to all that make this board a special community.

Bud

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm afraid to admit all that I've gained thru RME... :rofl:

Our dog, a date, a job, bought & sold many cars, way too many car parts, etc... I love this place! :hickey: